4. Just For Tonight

"Otto, you and my sister were bonding?" Viserys questioned.

"Just talking."

"Without shouts or insults and do I see a smile on your face?" Viserys mused. Otto waved a dismissive hand.

"Your sister is a lovely woman." Otto admitted. Viserys chuckled

"Words I never thought I would hear you say, old friend." Viserys corrected.

"Dont worry about rhaenyra. She is very much like Daemon. Moody and temperamental." Davina remarked. "Although it is you that is pregnant and should be moody." Davina added. Alicent offered her a small smile. "We are sisters and I always wanted a sister."

"Really?" Alicent questioned.

"No. I liked being the little princess of the family." Davina admitted. "But I can lie for you." Alicent offered her a genuine smile before she felt a kick at her side.

"Babies kicking." Alicent whispered. "You want to feel?"

"No." Davina corrected. "It grosses me out."

"What does?"

"Tiny humans growing inside a woman. That whole process." Davina shivered at the thought.

"You really dont want children." Alicent realized.

"I like my body as it is." Davina agreed. "No need to make more of me."

"You are so good with Aegon." Alicent countered.

"I hand him off when he gets fussy or smelly." Davina countered.

"As do I." Alicent admitted.

"You ever think of getting married again?" Viserys questioned.

"I had not," otto remarked.

"But now?"

"But nothing. I have not," otto countered.

"You said had as in you might be now." Viserys countered.

"I meant have. I presently do not-"

"Fine fine." Viserys agreed as a knight approached. "Yes ser harwin?"

"Found the hart."

"Thank you Gods!" Davina shouted. "Go kill the thing and this party can be done with." Otto chuckled. "The name day boy is already asleep. Waaaay past his bed time." She drawled out.

"Alright off we go." Viserys agreed.

"Dont miss." Davina added.

"Such faith in me, Dav." Viserys mused.

"Lack of faith which is why I said dont miss." She corrected bluntly.

"Is rhaenyra back yet?" Viserys countered.

"She will surely make an entrance when she returns." Davina assured.

When rhaenyra got back she was covered in blood. Davina waved a hand in front of her face.

"Geeze girl you reek!" Davina declared.

"I participated in the hunt." Rhaenyra remarked.

"Looks like it," davina agreed. "Who won?"

"I killed it." Rhaenyra clarified.

"Well done... I would hug you and say how worried you made your father but as I said you reek and my nose cant handle being near you while you smell like death." Davina remarked bluntly. "Glad you are back. Meet you at home." Davina called back to her. Rhaenyra chuckled shaking her head.

🐉

"You know I like Davina." Alicent remarked that night when Otto came to check on her.

"You do?"

"I saw you talking with her. Are you two getting along?" Alicent pondered.

"We had a nice chat." Otto offered.

"She makes me feel like im not so alone here." Alicent remarked.  "She has a way of weaseling herself into your life so effortlessly. Making you feel special and seen."

"Im glad you made a new friend." Otto agreed.

"I thought she would side with rhaenyra. Stay away. Im glad she didnt." Alicent admitted.

"You look up to her." Otto realized.

"I... I suppose I do." Alicent admitted. "She is a woman that didnt let anyone stop her or control her. She took control of her own life. It's admirable. I wish I had a fraction of her strength." Alicent remarked.

"Yes she is... yes." Otto agreed. "Goodnight daughter."

"Goodnight father." Alicent agreed.

Otto went for a walk to clear his mind. It was a short walk back to his home. It felt very large at times considering he used to have a few of his children with him. Now alicent was at the castle and otto was alone. So he took his time heading back when he saw davina nursing a bottle of wine.

Davina kicked off her shoes leaving them discarded along the trail. She took another long sip of wine before the bottle rest of that her side fingers loosely, gripping the neck of the bottle. Otto watched her as she swayed humming to herself.

She spun around head, tipped back and bumped into a Tree. She kicked the trees trunk and continued on her way. 

" stop stalking me otto." Davina called back. Otto cleared his throat as she turned to face him.

" I was simply making sure you were all right." Otto countered.  " a woman of your standing alone at night in your state. Can be taken advantage of."

" in my state?" she questioned confused.

" your level of intoxication?" Otto offer gently. Davina laughed out.

" I'm not drunk." Davina corrected. " See look, could I do this if I were drunk?" she tossed him the bottle of wine, and it slipped through his fingers. He juggled in the air to catch it. She shook out her arms and rose them high over her head. Then she proceeded to do a handstand, her dress slipping down her legs before she shot right back up, and did her most graceful and elegant curtesy.

" well, what do you think? Could I do that if I was drunk?" she mused, moving to him the sway of her hips catching his attention.

" I suppose you'd have to be very skilled to do that while drunk," he agreed, holding up the bottle for her.

" thank you, but in fact, I have a very high tolerance. Unlike my brother, who drank all night and has a very low tolerance and is going to have a massive hangover tomorrow."

" and you won't have a hangover tomorrow?" Otto pondered.

" oh, I will definitely have a massive headache and complaining to anyone who comes near me before midday." Davina assured. " but tonight I am happily inebriated. And looking for some fun." she locked eyes with otto and he stared back at her.

" fun with me?" he questioned confused as she took a step closer.

" do you know how to have fun?" Davina pondered.

"I..."

" I can teach you." Davina assured. "because I'm just tipsy enough-" she dragged a finger down his chest. "-to think that you look like a fairly good idea... just for tonight." Otto debated it. Just for tonight. Get this beautiful woman out of his mind. Just for tonight.

"Just for tonight." Otto agreed tilting his head down to kiss her.