23: The Revelation

Start from the beginning

An enthusiastic guide introduced herself to the applicants only to be ignored, she realizes this as she felt the tension from the examinees.

You all sat on the wooden floor boards of the boat, you were next to Hisoka, and next to Hisoka was Gittarackur. The three of you still had your badges on your chests.

"For the next two hours, you're all free to do whatever you like. Thank you and I hope you all enjoy the rest of the voyage!" The guide said losing her enthusiasm as she left the applicants alone.

"How would you feel if you happen to be my target?" Hisoka purred, teasing you lightheartedly as he turns his head to face you.

"I don't care, I wouldn't let you have my badge."

"Oh? Are you determined on passing the exam and becoming a hunter or is it just your pride that drives you?"

"The latter. There's no way I'll let you have it." You said with your usual bored tone. Hisoka laughed at your honesty as you admitted the truth. Gittarackur who was beside him who's gaze was on the floor, listens to your conversation.

"What about you Gittarackur?" Hisoka asked, turning to Gittarackur.

"I wouldn't like that. I need to pass in order to obtain a license for an upcoming job. I would have to kill you, It'll be too much of a hassle and it'd be a waste." Hisoka grinned at his answer.

"I believe compromising could work. I thought you two were friends." You commented at Gittarackur's amusing answer.

"Who says we are?" The man plainly said with his distorted robotic voice. Hisoka placed his hand on his chest with a slight pout on his lips,

"So it was one sided all along?" The magician asked acting hurt. You scoffed at their interaction.

You had to wait for two more hours to arrive at the island. Your eyes wandered and saw Killua standing up from his position, you were sick of sitting down so you stood up to follow him,

You stopped as you saw Killua sitting beside Gon. They were talking about their target. Gon still had the nervous look on his face and you could totally feel his uneasiness despite the distance.

"If I'd have just been smarter about it, I would have memorized everybody's numbers." Killua said resting his head on the wood. "When he started explaining it, that's when I started paying attention. But everyone had taken off their badges already." Killua said, annoyed that he doesn't know his target.

You took your time on watching them converse, Gon admitted that he was happy but nervous because he believes he's at least capable of stealing Hisoka's badge.

"Y/N." Killua acknowledged as he noticed you standing from the distance. You just hummed and walked over to them,

"Who's your target?" You sat down beside Killua who was beside Gon. Gon just smiled at you as an acknowledgment.

"I won't tell you." You replied, settling down beside Killua.

"What! Why?! It's me isn't it?" He whines as he accused you, panic laced his voice. As he gave you an accusing and betrayed look.

"Perhaps." You said lightly. You noticed Gon laughed at your little interaction with his friend,

"So it's really me?!" Gon laughed at Killua's scared face, he was sweating bullets, he's never seen Killua like this, it made Gon burst into laughter. Gon's nervous and terrified feeling vanished temporarily.

"It's not you, kil. Stop whining."

"Good. 'Cause I'll be dead meat if it was me." Killua sighed in relief wiping an imaginary sweat on his forehead,