"What happened, Jungkook?" Sojung held onto the younger man's shoulders, eagerly wanting an answer from him.

"Unnie..." Yerin and Yeon tried to pull the elder girl away as she was exerting too much stress on the man.

Jungkook sniffed, wiping a tear with his thumb. "She was caught in a car accident. She was trying to save a child who was picking up her hat on the road." He explained, looking up to meet all their worried eyes.

"She has been inside for two hours." His voice cracked a little. "She must be in great pain..." he continued, burying his face into his palms.

"Jungkook ah..." Taehyung sat beside his younger friend, wrapping his arms from the side to comfort him. "Yuna is a strong girl, she will be alright."

The girls were already in a crying mess as they would never expect this to happen to their precious friend. "She was just texting us this morning, telling us how excited she was to bring the children out for an excursion." Eunha sobbed, holding onto her phone tightly.

Jungkook didn't dare to leave the chair, not even a centimetre.

"Kook ah, you should at least eat something." Namjoon offered him a sandwich, but he declined.

"I can't, Hyung. I don't have the appetite at all." He pushed Namjoon's hand away, leaning back on the back of the chair.

"I am sorry, Jungkook. I was too worked up just now." Sojung took the seat beside him, passing him a bottle of water. "At least drink some water."

"Don't have to be, noona. I understand." Jungkook replied, with his eyes still red.

"Let's believe in Yuna." She patted on the young man's back, forcing a smile.

"Who is Choi Yuna's family member?" All their gazes turned towards the operation glass door and saw the surgeon standing there.

They immediately rushed towards him, especially Jungkook. "I am her husband."

"She had a very serious impact on her head, causing her to lose a lot of blood. She has past the dangerous state for now, but we are still unsure of her aftermath as we need to monitor closely to see if there are any blood clots remaining in her brain. We will now transfer her into the intensive care unit. After the anaesthetic has subsided, she will most probably be awake." The surgeon explained, removing his gloves and patting on Jungkook' shoulder.

"Thank you, Sir." Jungkook and the rest listened attentively.

It wasn't exactly good news but at least she is not in danger anymore, they thought.

Jungkook POV

Standing by the glass window in the Intensive Care Unit, I finally see her after so many hours. She must be in so much pain, with all the bandages and medical tubes around her body.

"You may go in and see her." The nurse instructed me after settling Yuna down with all the equipment. With shaky steps, I walked in while the rest of them waited outside.

I couldn't hold back anymore when I saw her head in bandage and her face with cuts. She is in such a wretched state right in front of my eyes.

"Yuna..." I slammed myself at the side of her ward bed, carefully holding her hand to warm it up. "Can you hear me? I am sorry I came late, my angel. You must be suffering." I intertwined our fingers together, putting them close to my cheek as I stared at her sleeping face. "Don't be scared, darling. I am here. Your husband is here."

After awhile, I stepped out of the ward, allowing the rest to take alook at her. "Don't worry about me. I can handle it by myself. You should go back and rest." I urged the rest to go back since it's close to midnight.