5.

"I mean who does that ?! Shooting crank while you're seven and a half months pregnant ?!" Johanna ranted while pacing in her kitchen.

"I told you I didn't have a good feeling" her father spoke while sitting in one of her chairs at her kitchen table.

"I know you did, and I told you I'd keep an eye on her. Apparently I should've kept a closer eye on her." She replied running her fingers through her hair, leaning up against the counter.

"You can't blame yourself Anna." John spoke to her, using the nickname he used for her as a kid.

"I could've had her stay with me, I mean..then she wouldn't have had the chance to shoot that shit"

"A junkie is gonna find a way to get their fix no matter the situation, there's nothing you could've done." Her father spoke in an attempt to reassure her.

Sitting there and letting her father's word's sink in, she decided that what he said was true. While she realized that there truly was nothing she could do, she still felt a terrible cloud of guilt looming over her.

"He's a precious little thing dad, so tiny and perfect" she gushed, tears brimming her eyes at just the thought of her nephew

"Look at you, already getting attached" he joked with a smile

"Dad, I was attached the moment Jax had told me about the pregnancy" she replied smiling back at him.

"You want any of your own ?" John asked his daughter, already knowing the answer just by the longing look in her eyes.

"Of course, just waiting for the right person to come around." she answered, wrapping her arms around her waist, hugging herself a bit.

"You'd be a great mom Anna" he spoke with nothing but sincerity in his voice.

There was a knock at her door, causing her dog Bandit to sound off, alerting his owner that someone was there. Looking back at the chair her dad was sitting in, she saw he was gone. Letting out a sigh, she pushed herself off the counter and walked over to the door. Looking through the peephole before opening it, she let a wide smile grow on her face when she saw who was standing on the other side. Pulling the large great dane away from the door, she opened it letting her visitor in.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of this lovely visit ?" She asked the man standing in front of her, the grin never leaving her face

"Just wanted to come and see my favorite Rose." He replied giving her a smile in a response while leaning down to give her a peck on the cheek.

Johanna and Happy had proceeded to get closer ever since the night he dragged her away from her fight with her mother and step-father. They weren't necessarily together yet, but they had both acknowledged the feelings they had for eachother, sharing small acts of affection with one another behind closed doors.

"You comin' to the kickback tonight ?" Happy asked the girl, pulling her into his lap as he took a seat on her couch.

"I don't know...I haven't really been to one of the club parties since I decked Clay." she replied with a small chuckle while looking down and playing with the rings on her fingers.

"You don't have to be around either of them, just stick by my side, or your two dingus friends." he spoke while rubbing his hand up and down her thigh. "Besides, I think your brother would also like to see you." he added on, knowing that using the brother card on her would be enough to push her to go.

"Okay fine, but if shit starts to go south, I'm going home." she told him seriously, looking into his eyes.

"I'll be right behind you if you do." he told her before pecking her lips.