-ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴꜱ

Start from the beginning

"I heard her call you insane literally two days ago, and you didn't give a flyin' fuck," he grumbled to himself, then seemed to freeze in place once realizing his slip-up. "Wait—"

"—Two days ago!? Holy shit—so she's in Hell?" Charlie asked suddenly, nearly bouncing where she stood with what Alastor assumed was excitement. He was regretting every action that led up to that moment, every little word that he let slip due to his foolish temperament.

Husk scoffed. "She wouldn't have ended up anywhere else."

"Two days ago, you spent the entire day at the hotel doing paperwork," Vaggie muttered to herself; regardless of her quiet tone, the entire group had heard her words, turning to Alastor for an explanation.

It was clear on all of their faces that the group was thinking the same thing—whoever Husk had been referring to, had to have been in the hotel recently.

And it certainly wasn't any of them...

Alastor knew that they knew, knew that they were slowly putting the pieces together, knew that they they were going to figure it out, and he knew that he was screwed.

"Wanna know who it is? I'll give ya a hint," Husk began, the smallest of grins evident on his face. It was clear that every word, slow and carefully spoken, was meant to tease and mock Alastor. Husk relished in the slight fear in Alastor's gaze, he reveled in the fact that for once, he could inflict pain on the man who possessed his soul.

"She's a tall, sadistic asshole who walked out the door maybe five minutes ago. And hates the radio fucker as much as I do. Oh, and coincidentally, she also happens to be married, too—a fact that we had already known, even if we didn't know the specifics."

Alastor watched with a strained smile as the realization dawned on the group of demons, all of them staring at him with wide eyes and agape mouths. He could see the utter shock and surprise on their faces, Vaggie dropping the spear she usually had an iron grip on in bewilderment.

Niffty had even paused her movements in the middle of one of her roach-killing sprees to stare at him, her one-eyed gaze locked on Alastor in contemplation. He wasn't sure he had ever seen the little cyclops so still before; he would've found it amusing under different circumstances.

"YOU'RE MARRIED TO REINA!?"

"She...she's married to you!?" Angel asked, being the first one to speak aloud.

"Is that so hard to believe?" he sneered, knowing he shouldn't have said anything; however, his pride had been a little wounded at the arachnid's comment and couldn't bite back the reply.

"Let's be honest, we all find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone would willingly marry you," Vaggie grumbled, rolling her eyes as she glared up at the much taller demon.

"Especially someone like Reina," Charlie added, faltering from the intensity of Alastor's sudden glare on her. "Well, I, uh, I mean...I've known Reina for a while, and she doesn't seem like the type to, uh...how do I put this..."

"What she means to say is that she didn't know the icicle freak was capable of love," Angel added brashly, strolling over to the bar and placing himself down in a seat. "Or capable of anyone lovin' her back. She's a fuckin' nutjob—she's not so bad when Maeve's nearby, but it's honestly a wonder we all put up with her sometimes; she's fuckin' terrifyin'."