Chapter One

My whole body started to tremble, my books dropped from my shaking hands. “Y-You w-what?!” I shouted, louder than needed.

“Hey, Alex, are you okay?!” Maggie took my shoulders, and her hands started to vibrate along with my body. “You’re trembling so bad it looks like you’re standing on an earthquake line!” she tried to keep me still; but instead I fell to my knees. “Someone, help!” Maggie shouted.

“What’s wrong with her?!” My best guy friend, Mason, ran up to me.

“I-I don’t know!” Maggie gripped my shoulders tighter; the vibration went from her hands to her arms as she held me, my body trembling worse than before.

“Go get Kyle,” Mason whispered to her.

“O-Okay,” she got off of me, causing me to shake violently.

Mason gripped my wrists and held them above my head as he sat above my stomach. “Relax,” he whispered.

“M-Maggie…” I whispered, my voice shaking.

“What about her?” Mason whispered, leaning closer to me.

“She’s…s-she’s…” I stammered, my body’s shaking stopped when Kyle came running around the corner.

“Mason. Move.” Kyle pushed Mason off of me; causing my limbs to flail aimlessly. “Relax, love,” Kyle whispered. Something about him made my blood run hott and my body feel as if it were being engulfed in flame.

“I-I…” I stuttered, my eyes starting to close.

“Alex, Alex please, open your eyes if you can hear me,” Maggie shook me vigorously.

“I can hear you Maggie, please, be quiet for five minutes,” my eyes snapped open and I immediately sprung into sitting position.

“Alex!” Maggie wrapped her arms around me, choking the air out of my lungs.

“What?” I rubbed my eyes and pushed her off of me.

“You fainted. Don’t you remember anything?” Maggie asked, leaning towards me.

“I had the weirdest dream…you told me you were a shape shifter. But, I guess, never mind.” I shook my head.

“You weren’t dreaming,” Mason was pacing by the door, rubbing his temples.

“Mason!” I shouted, trying to jump off the bed.

“Relax.” Maggie held me down onto the nurse’s gurney-thing.

“What?” Mason turned towards me.

“Come here,” I half demanded. “Please,” I added gently.

“Are you okay?” he asked, sitting down next to my side.

“I don’t know,” I murmured pulling on his hand.

“What?”

“Is it true?” I whispered in his ear.

“Uh, yeah,” he muttered, scratching the back of his head.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I half hissed, glaring at him.

“Because I didn’t know till I saw her this morning. She wanted to tell you herself, and I wouldn’t see you till lunch.” He shrugged, with a weird look in his eye.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to get angry with you Mason,” I moved a lock of his charcoal colored hair from his forehead.

“It’s fine. Don’t worry about it, okay? I’m just trying to figure out why,” he muttered, pulling my hand away from his forehead.