Whatever life brings

A smile forms on your face waking up in Kelani's arms before a sudden wave of green washes over you slowly getting up and managing to jog to the bathroom throwing up. Your stomach had been bothering you for a few days now and you were getting worried that you had food poisoning rather than a stomach bug or upset stomach deciding to get the soonest visit with your doctor that you could "Are you okay baby?" you nod telling her that you would be going to the doctor's tomorrow hoping to figure out what was making you sick getting through the day keeping down a small amount of crackers and soup along with half of a bread roll taking nausea medicine before eating at all sleeping throughout the day every once in awhile before bed waking up early that morning getting blood and urine tests waiting over the next few days which turned into a week before getting a call after getting home from work. "Ma'am, we'd like you to know that everything came back normal except one test" your heart drops afraid of what it could be thinking it was only the start of something that could get worse until the woman on the phone says "Turns out that you're pregnant and we have sent a referral for you to have an ultrasound later on in the week" you thank the woman in disbelief before remembering the day before your and kelani's wedding four weeks back getting IVF treatments in a spur of the moment action walking downstairs where kelani was doing laundry with tears in your eyes "Honey what is it?" you break down in joy and fear "I'm pregnant" she stares stunned before bursting into laughter and tears kissing you and holding you in her arms "Oh my god we're gonna be parents! I thought that's what it was but I didn't truly know" the two of you called your parents and announced the news of the pregnancy as nerves hit you "Hey baby, whatever life brings I'm in" the two of you share a kiss before having dinner excited for the next chapter of life.