"When you receive the certificate, smile wide. The photos would look good," Pinky whispered, her voice barely audible above the din of the crowd. Shivaay nodded briefly, his nerves evident in his expression.

As he walked towards the stage, the applause and cheers from the audience filled the air, creating a sense of excitement and pride. Anika cheered very loudly with the phone in one hand, while Shakti, her father-in-law, watched the proceedings through a video call.

Soon Shivaay received the master degree certificate along with a gold medal, his expression a mix of nervousness and pride. He stood for a photograph, his smile widening as he watched Anika smile brightly, gesturing him to stand straight in confidence.

"Few words to say?" The anchor of the graduation ceremony, asked with soft lifting curves of lips. "You have secured first rank in the state, smashing fifty year old record. People say Economics, especially your specialisation in economic planning and statistics, is very hard nut. What do you have to say?"

Shivaay grasped the mic, inhaled deeply, and spoke with confidence. "Many of my colleagues and friends said that Economic and law, since I'm a former assistant professor in law and currently working as an advocate for Delhi High Court, don't have nexus, I mean connection. I do agree with that, but taking up economics was because of my professor. Dr Joshi. Economic planning and statistics is a hard discipline of the subject, but it wasn't hard when ma'am said I can never get successful in the field of economics. I have challenged her words and come here, ma'am, where ever you are, it's only because of you I'm in this position. Thank you ma'am."

The crowd burst into a huge round of applause, the chancellor and others clapping their hands in appreciation. "It's indeed great to see an advocate turned economist here. I hope we can expect Mr Oberoi around the strategy meeting. Hmm?" The chancellor laughed as he side-hugged Shivaay.

"Definitely, Sir. It would be my pleasure," Shivaay replied, his voice filled with pride and accomplishment.

Shivaay's triumphant stride down the aisle was accompanied by another round of applause, resonating through the hall. With a certificate clasped firmly in one hand and a gleaming medal adorning his neck, he exuded an air of accomplishment and pride, his family's love and support evident in every step he took.

__🤍__

Following the conclusion of the graduation ceremony, Shivaay, Annika, and Pinky retired to their accommodation, eager to include Shakti, who was unable to attend in person, in their celebration.

They gathered around the laptop screen, initiating a video call. The room was aglow with the soft light filtering through the curtains, casting a warm hue over their faces as they eagerly awaited Shakti's virtual presence.

Shakti's eyes lit up like a star glowing in the sky, seeing their son. "This is one of the best days ever."

Shivaay, on the other hand, was sitting quietly beside Annika, his blue green eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. He was wearing a grey cotton round collared tee revealing his toned arms, and his hair was disheveled, giving him a casual yet attractive look.

"Thank you papa." Shivaay mumbled and sat beside Annika as he pulled over his tee and stayed in a white cotton sleeveless vest. "It's so hot here."

"You weren't this happy when Shivaay received his LLM. Kya baat Hain Shakti ji? Iraada toh nek hai na?"

[Trans- What's the matter Shakti ji. Are your intentions alright?]