"Danny, please. Look at me,"

He looked at his pleading friend and former girlfriend, "What do you want?"

Sam's voice trembled, "Danny, please. What did I do? Why won't you talk to me? I know you told Tucker something. I also knew that you said something to Jazz. Whenever I ask, Tucker just gave me this look of pity! And Jazz? What did you say? She's treating me like I'm the enemy but...a sad kind! I need to know. Please, Danny! Just tell me! What did I do?"

He said nothing, glancing at Elsa now and then to make sure that she was still there on the bench.

Sam growled before punching his arm, "Focus on me, damn it!"

His eyes snapped to her, glowing green in warning, "Sam. Enough. We are over, alright?"

She screamed, "BUT WHY?!!" Her voice cracked, "Why? I don't want to be your friend! I love you! I love you, Danny! I really do! So much!" She sobbed, mascaras painting her tears black, "You told me once that you loved me too. Was that a lie? Were you just...stringing me along? Was it me? What did I do? Tell me...please...I can take it. I promise I can take it. Was I too controlling? Did I talk too much? Did you hate that I'm a vegan? Did you find me disgusting? You're not gay so it can't be because you realized you can't be with me because of my gender. There isn't someone else...not back when we broke up. So why? Why won't you give me a second chance? Why can't you love me...like you once did?" Her voice weakened into a desperate, pleading whisper.

Danny sighed, watching her. Once, he would reach over to comfort her and tell her that everything will be alright. Once, he would have hated to see her so broken. But now, a part of him that was hurt by her choices, was actually disgustingly gleeful to see her crumbling beneath the mystery behind his decision. He sighed, "Sam...ghosts are vengeful creatures...you know that right?"

She sobbed, "What does that have anything to do with us?"

When she looked up, she saw his eyes flickering between green and blue. His eye shed a single tear in remorse as he told her, "Everything..." He sighed, blinked, and the tear disappeared like it was never there, "Everything, Sam. I tried to be...kind to you. Not saying the reason why this whole time...it was my last act of love for you. Unfortunately, that had disappeared through these past months," He gulped and looked at her, his blue eyes dead but the green light in his gaze cold, "I'm sorry. But loving you is impossible for me. Move on, Sam Manson. Move on like you didn't let me," His final words were cold, cutting, and cruelly reminding her what she had done to him.

At that point, whatever remained between them snapped forever.

He then turned away from her the moment her amethyst gaze widened in realization. He heard her crumble to the ground, her strength gone from her legs as the gravity of her choice years ago weighted on her shoulders. The sound of her breaking heart keened out of her throat like a wound. He was surprised that he did not even pause in his stride. But he was done. He cannot go back to her. His death would not allow it.

Ghosts were known to be vengeful.

He wasn't any different.

Yet, the sound of Sam melting down behind him gave him a sense of relief. Like, he was finally free. A part of him, the boy that had been friends with her for years since childhood and had loved her until the day he drew his last breath, mourned with her. But that boy's pain was fleeting. His ears caught Tucker's voice speaking softly to Sam, heard the sound of his other friend gathering the broken girl and knew that she will be fine with him.

He sighed as he stopped before Elsa, "Sorry about that,"

She looked at him, her ocean eyes sad, "She really do love you,"

KindredOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara