Paper Faces On Parade

Danny cursed, "Fudge muffins. I have nothing to wear for the costume party," He looked at the curtain, "Maybe the...classic bed sheet ghost?"

Jack shouted, "GHOST!" He burst into the room Danny was in, "Where is the ghost?!"

The Fenton Finder blabbered, [There is a ghost right in front you. You must be an absolute idiot to not see it. Get an eye surgery. Or better yet, get a new brain]

Danny wondered if it was just him or that gadget got even sassier than the last time he saw it. Shaking his head, he waved his hand, "Hey, Dad. No ghost here. Just me, Danny. You know? Your son that is definitely not dead?"

Jack laughed, turning the finder off, "Oh. Dan-o! My boy! You're becoming as big as your Grandpa Bruce!" He smacked Danny's shoulder before rubbing it, "Hm. Have you been working out? That's some muscles you got there, son," He then looked at Danny, "Anywhere, what are you doing in here?"

Danny looked around, "Uhm...it's my room? Anyway! I need to go get something to...wear at the costume party. See you whenever!"

Jack laughed, "Have fun! Just don't wear that stupid Phantom costume that has been going around!" He then growled, "Once I get my hands on him..." He quietly cackled to himself.

Danny laughed nervously before escaping the house. He huffed once he's outside and started walking towards the town. He tried to think of a costume that he can wear, won't make him look like a movie audition reject, and would not, in any way or form, connect him to Phantom. A full body costume that have a mask would be nice.

"Danny?"

Danny paused at the familiar voice. He looked to see Elsa stepping out from a bakery with a box of donuts. He stopped to smile at her, "Hey Elsa! Out for donuts?"

She looked at her donuts, "Yes. They have a 60% discount sale for these new flavors for a box of half dozen and I thought I should buy them just to taste all of them. Anna insisted when she informed me about this bakery chain and saw the ad on the internet. However, I realized as I pay that six would be a bit much for me to finish alone and keeping it overnight would ruin the flavor,"

His stomach growled to volunteer before he could say anything. Elsa looked at him, bewildered. He blushed under his face mask, "Sorry,"

Elsa shook her head, "No. That was a wonderful idea. I could use help and I did want to taste all the new flavors. We could cut each donuts into halves and share between us two, making it three per person," She looked at him, eagerness in her gaze, "How about it? I could ask the proprietor within to help halve it?"

Once again, his stomach growled in agreement for him. Danny glared at his belly, "You know what? I don't think I have a say in this," He gestured, "Lead the way, princess,"

Elsa froze, "What?"

He blinked, "What?"

She looked at him strangely before shaking her head, "Please don't call me that,"

Danny cleared his throat, "Sorry. I was just joking,"

Elsa sighed, her tense shoulder lowering, "I see...well, I don't mind the teasing. It reminds me of my sister. But please, do not call me princess,"

Danny frowned, rubbing his neck in confusion but nodding either way, "Okay...?"

That was strange, he thought as he followed Elsa back into the bakery. He wondered what that was about. Elsa was quick to ask the staff behind the counter to cut the donuts in half and plate them so that they may eat inside. She added extra large tips for them just to make them happier and as thank you for their service. After a moment, she returned to Danny with two plates of warmed donuts along with some drinks. She looked at him, "I'm afraid I am not a fan of coffee of any kind. I hope the chocolate drink would make for a good replacement,"