Ghosts And Spirits

Start from the beginning

A price must paid in full.

Frostbite snorted, "Magic is just a scientific phenomenon that no one could understand in full. Yet," He sighed, "Every action you took to create something is a form of ritual. Magic isn't always about the unknown, the unexplained, or the mysterious. For the uninformed, a light bulb is magic. Magic is just a blanket term for a technology so great that the mind could not really wrap itself around the 'how' of it,"

Danny rolled his head, "Alright. Okay. Elsa's magic. I get that much. But what do you mean by Elsa being aliving spirit?"

Frostbite looked at her, "Were you born human?"

Elsa nodded, "I am human,"

Frostbite asked again, "Do you have a sibling?"

Elsa's expression closed off, her lips pressed thin.

Frostbite backed away, "I do not mean you and yours harm. I just needed to know...to understand,"

Elsa nodded sharply, but her eyes cold with warning.

Frostbite nodded, "I see now. A bridge. Between the people and the spirit of the world," He gestured at her, "That is what you are. Something rare and precious," He hummed, "A bridge have two ends. You stand on the side of the spirits. Your sister...stand on the side of the people," He then laughed, "Funny how you met a bridge yourself!"

She frowned, "A bridge?"

Frostbite gestured at Danny, "The Great One! He who stands between Life and Death! If you and your sisters are the two ends of the bridge, he is the very body of the bridge!"

Danny was confused, "But...you said she's a spirit and...I'm a ghost. She's alive, but I'm not,"

Frostbite nodded, "She's mortal now. But one day, she will have to discard her mortal shell and step fully into the role of a spirit. She'll be like you!"

Danny blinked at that. He knew that everyone dies. He shook his head, "But if she's a spirit, representing those that lives, if she's to become like me then she'll...have to cross over," He can't bare it. He can't bare thinking of Elsa, his kindred, in a coffin.

Frostbite shook his head, "No. No. She's not going to die. Not like everyone else. She will simply stop being human. Her power will grow and grow until she just stopped being human. She won't have a corpse or a funeral, she will just...ascend!"

Elsa asked, her voice thin, "And...when will that be?"

Frostbite hummed, "When you are strong enough that you could call on winter in the dead of summer and freeze the ocean into a desert of ice,"

Danny looked at her, frost creeping up the gauntlet of his hand where she held him tightly. He looked at Frostbite, "Frosty...can you give us a moment?"

Frostbite blinked before nodding, "Very well. Excuse me,"

The large Yeti closed the door behind him and once he sounded distant from them, Danny pulled Elsa down. It was disturbing just how easily she crumbled against him. He held as she clung onto him. His core thrummed, purring up a storm within, but he focused on her, "Elsa...are you alright?"

Elsa shook her head, "I'll...be immortal. Everyone I know...everyone I loved...they will be gone..." She sobbed, her facade of ice breaking as she looked at him, "Danny...everyday my power grows. I can feel it. So how much longer do I even have before I am...gone?"

The sight of her tears falling down from her ocean eyes broke something in him. He hated the sight of it. He reached up, the gauntlet covered his fingers but his claws still looked so sharp as he placed them near her.