Cold Secrets Deep Inside

Start from the beginning

"How could you stand being with your murderer?!"

The accusation had rang so loudly he had trembled by that truth. It broke something in him and he could not look at Sam the same way ever since. He knew then, that he had been denying more than just his feelings for her. He had been denying the truth; Sam killed him...twice.

Tucker had been mad when he broke things off with Sam with the lame excuse of, "It's not you, it's me,"

To salvage his friendship, Danny had broken down and revealed to Tuck why it was impossible for him and Sam to be together. He accepted all the reasoning that Tucker had given him about it being an accident and that Sam never meant to hurt him like that. How she had been worried sick when he was admitted into the hospital's ICU. How she was haunted by guilt for months after, even when he's fine. Danny accepted it all...so why would she do it the second time? What was her excuse then?

Tucker argued that Desiree had gotten so powerful and out of control. But Danny pointed out that they could have still fixed it by using their smarts and his parents' inventions instead of killing him the second time. Tucker...had no answer to give. So they left it at that.

Still, time and time again, he tried to get the two former couple to reconcile. Danny settled on 'just friends' even though Sam still showed signs of being into him. Yet, his ghost side will always rejected her affection. He had even gone as far as avoiding any contact with her. His Lichtenberg scar will light up and he will relive his death all over again should they made contact. The older he got, the more his power grew, the worse the trauma became. So he avoided her as much as he could, even though he knew it hurt her.

Tucker just nodded, "Alright, man. Just...don't start fighting again, yeah?"

Danny smiled but his heart wasn't in it. He knew that Tucker could not understand. He tried, bless him, he tried but he simply could not wrap his mind around Danny being around Sam meant pain for the former. He still had a naive thought that Danny can get over his reaction to Sam killing him twice like he would get over the betrayal of having his food eaten by someone who should have been keeping it for him.

That night, he chased after Technus who had been menacing the mall since 6 pm. He snarled as he wrestled control from Technus as they both possessed the same mishmash technologies before he finally kicked the Inventor out of the 'robot' he had created. He lowered himself onto the side road before slipping out to suck in the Inventor, cursing the whole time.

Sam ran over, "Are you alright?"

Danny bit down on his lip before nodding, "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine,"

Tucker wailed, "Look at what he had done to these beauties!"

Danny laughed at Tucker's typical obsession over technologies, glad for the distraction, "Come on! Lets take these back to the stores," He created several clones and picked the items up. He looked at his 'team', "I can hear the GIW rolling in a few blocks from here. You guys should hurry home before they catch sight of you. They are already suspecting you two,"

As the two humans ran off, Sam looked over her shoulder, "Stay safe, Danny,"

Danny hummed, acknowledging her but otherwise shrugged off the need to ask if she really cared at all. He made quick work at placing the damaged good back in their respective stores before flying away before the dumb ghost hunting government agents could even catch sight of him. Thank the Ancients that modern technologies sucked at catching ghost sightings.

As he flew up high, Danny breathed out the built up frustration in him. Up here, so close to space, his core thrummed with peace. His original suspicion that he had an ice core was wrong. Even Frostbite was surprised to learn that his obsession with all things space had helped created an extremely rare core; a galactical core. It was the reason that instead of fire like his alternate evil self, he has moonlight and stardust for hair.