17. Go To Sleep

Marshall's P.O.V.

Back at the studio in LA

"Yo, obviously this asshole Ja did this shit, so let's go," I state through gritted teeth, regarding the shambles that my recording room is currently left at

Observing the damage before me, as my boys from D12, 50, and Dre all stand by my side.

I've been gone from LA, and back in Detroit for the past few weeks.

Frankly just enjoying spending time with my daughter without much interruptions, and just chilling.

But I did have to go back to work eventually, cause the show must go on, as my manager, Paul, loves to remind me.

And I was already on edge right before stepping off of the private jet at the airport, not even gon lie.

Shit's like, as much as I enjoy my craft, have mad love for rap period, I ain't even gon front, there are times where I wish that I never would've done it. Professionally that is. Simply cause this life, this fame and all of the shit that comes with it, I ain't never want none of that, yo.

All I had ever wanted was a means to an end and to be able to provide for my daughter, while doing what I in fact enjoy to do.

Which is rap.

And my beef with Murder Inc, it ain't got nothing to do with my craft at all, just with the fame bullshit. I've never wanted it, yo. Nor have I ever wanted all of the crap that comes with it, but fuck it.

It is what it is.

But I was on the edge already, like I said.

Kim's last words that she said to me playing in my head. The dumb slut threatening me that if I'd be gone for too long again this time, making her take care of our kid on her own for too long, then she would just take the next available flight to LA and drop Hai off on my doorstep again.

Which is something I can't afford to happen right now.

Cause as much as I love my little girl, and love spending time with her, LA simply ain't the place right now for Eminem's daughter.

Not with all of this bs currently going on with my beef with that snapping turtle looking motherfucker, Ja Rule.

Ain't shit to me, even if my whole security team is currently forcing me into a bullet proof west during public events. Shit making me feel like a sucker.

But still, I would never play around with Hai's life, so I'd rather not have her around me in LA right now at all, you know what I'm saying?

"Daddy, I'll miss you," my little girl's last words to me right before I had left though.

"Imma miss you too, honey. But I'll be back before you know it though."

"Okay, dad. And say 'hi' to Aurora for me. Because I like her so much!!"