Chapter 56

~Luis~
"So you own a club?" Sierra asks me and I nod my head while leading her to that Mercedes she likes.

"Yes I do. I own multiple actually" I tell her and open the door for her. I close her door and walk to the other side to get in.

"So you got it all huh?" She asks me and I smile.

"Yeah, I do now" I say and quickly look at her then turn the car on.

"Here uh..you can put your music on" I say and hand her the chord. She takes it and I keep driving. She sets up her phone then a nice smooth beat starts to play. I look at the screen and it reads "Show and Tell" by someone named Al Wilson.

I kind of like the beat.

"I guess this is that stuff you like to call soul right?" I ask her and she laughs at me.

What? Why is she laughing?

"What is it not?" I ask her and she finishes laughing.

"It is. It's just the way you explained it. You explained it weird" she giggles and I scoff and shake my head with a smile on my face.

"But I am correct right?" I ask her and she nods.

"Yes Luis. You are correct" she tells me. And I nod because I know I'm right. We don't talk much because she's in the passenger seat singing and I listen to her beautiful voice.

Then another different song comes on. I look at the screen again and this time it reads "Let's Stay Together" by somebody named Al Green.

"Are they related?" I ask her and she looks at me confused.

"Who?" She asks me and I point to the screen.

"The artists. They have basically the same name" I say and she looks at me weird.

"The same first name. Different last names" she says.

"So I'll take that as a no then?" I ask her.

"You're not as smart as you look" she says but I know that she's joking so I act like I'm offended.

"Wow, your words hurt me" I say and put my hand over my heart. Her words didn't affect me at all.

Yes they did.

Shut up.

We continue to ride in silence as her playlist plays through. Then we finally get to the club I get out and open her door and offer her my hand.

She takes it and as she gets up my eyes travel down her body. With her heels on as she gets out of the car she's almost as tall as me. I avert my eyes before she can notice that I was staring.

"It's ok to stare" she says then winks at me. As I'm left standing speechless she grabs my hand and leads me inside my own club.

We get to the entrance and the bouncer knows it's me so he doesn't say anything and just lets us in. We go to sit at the bar and I don't have to look around to notice the eyes that are on her.

"You want something to drink?" I ask her and she shakes her head which surprises me.

"No thank you. I don't drink." She says over the music.