Chapter 25

~Vanity~

After a while of crying he went to sleep. I feel him shifting and moving now. He's about to wake up. He gets up and he's about to leave.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I have work to do" he tells me.

Work? I've never seen him do anything. He just eats then sleeps in my bed.

"Ok?" I say then he leaves the room.

Wow ok. What the hell was that? Why is he acting weird all of a sudden.

I decide to go downstairs and find something to do. When I get down there I notice Thiago standing there with Luis. I stay a little behind because I wanna know what's going on.

"Now that we've gotten more information about your mother, I have hired an assassin so that we can take the guy out" he says.

"Why don't we just do it ourselves?" Thiago asks and Luis shakes his head.

"They already know what we look like. And you know damn well those men aren't good enough to assassinate anybody." He says but Thiago doesn't say anything back.

"He should be here any minute. I will have to talk to him about some stuff later. Don't do anything stupid" he tells Thiago.

"That goes for you too Vanity" he says then walks back into his office.

How the fuck...

My thought is interrupted by the front door opening. As soon as it opens, Luis comes out of his office.

"This is who I hired" he tells us and when I looks at the person my eyes go wide and my jaw drops a little.

Ohhhhhh shitttttt

"This is Jeremiah" Luis says and I quickly leave Thiagos side and go back upstairs to Diana's room.

I open her door and she's laying in bed with Theo.

We should meet properly one day.

"Theo get out"

But not today.

Theo groans and gets up unwillingly and leaves the room.

"Why do you always do this?" Diana asks me.

"I got something to tell you" I say and now she's listening.

"What is it? Did you and Thiago get together already?" She asks and I shake my head.

"No. Remember that guy that I was talking about? The one I met at the club and when I climbed through your window when I got back" I explain to her and she nods her head and makes a 'ohhhh' noise.

"The 6 foot darkskin that you fucked" she says and I laugh.

"We did not fuck. But anyway. Apparently he's the assassin that Luis hired" I tell her and her jaw drops too.

That was my exact reaction.

"So what now? Trouble in paradise?" She asks me and I shake my head.

"Why are you like this?" I ask her and she looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Like what?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"I don't even know why I tell you stuff sometimes" I say.

"Well that's obvious. Because you love me" she says.

I HATE that worddddddd

"No I don't. Stop saying that" I say to her and she waves me off.

"Just a matter of time until I get you to admit it." She says and I leave her room and go down to the shooting range in the gym.