chapter two.

🎬 : sunoo pov.
🗓️ : the next morning.

________________________________

i ran to the bus with my breakfast, which was simply just a bagel, still in my hand - not desiring to miss it since i just wanted my second day of school to be over already.

i panted as i held the railing above my head, biting into my bagel. that was until i saw someone familiar sitting in the seat in front of me. i came to the realisation that it was the boy i had been assigned to sit next to, i think i caught on that his name was... sunghoon?

he had a triangle kimbap near his mouth as he let out a soft laugh whilst reading his comic. "eh?" i asked myself as i leaned down a little near his face, waving my bagel to try and grab his attention; i wanted to ask him more about the school.

the bus suddenly jolted, approaching one of the stops - causing me to trip over my own foot and fall over the taller, accidentally throwing my bagel onto him.

i quickly stood up. "sorry, sorry, i didn't mean to."

his eyebrows furrowed as he slowly picked up the bagel, causing me to try and look for mine before i realised it was mine that he was holding up. a nervous laugh escaped my mouth as i took it back off him, intimidated by his serious face.

the bus dinged, signalling it was approaching a stop again. the bus, once again, flung me forward; however, i felt someone's hand grab my backpack.

"can you drive?" people asked the bus driver in annoyance.

once i turned back around, i realised that the person who grabbed my backpack in order to help me was sunghoon. he sighed and turned towards me, "can you not stand still?" he continued: "can you just stay away from me?" i scoffed and turned away, standing on the other lane of the bus.

as if my morning couldn't get any worse, the bus jolted once again, but this time - it completely broke down. everyone groaned as we left the bus and the driver hastily made his way to the back of the vehicle to check what was wrong.

and whilst everyone stood on the street, ringing their workplaces to tell them they'd be late, sunghoon just sat on the railing of the bridge - laughing softly as he carried on reading his comic: 'the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.'

________________________________

🎬 : sunghoon pov.

________________________________

i panted as i sprinted to first period. once i reached the classroom, mr jung swiftly stood in front of the door.

"stop!" he shouted. "sunghoon, what time is it? if you really don't want to come to school you can tell me, i'll call your parents right away!"

i sighed, "sir there was a special situation today. the bus broke down because of a flat tire."

"the bus had a flat tire?" he repeated, "why don't you just say the bridge collapsed then?"

"i'm being for real sir. oh yeah! the new classmate who arrived yesterday, he's also on the bus. when he comes, he can testify for me."

the teacher raised his eyebrow and moved out of my way, in order for me to see that sunoo was in fact sat in his seat. how did he even get here on time? is he trying to make my life a living hell by causing me even more trouble?

my eyebrows furrowed as i looked back and forth at him and my teacher, i was at a loss for words. "there's never any truth coming out of your mouth," mr jung scolded me, "just stand here!" he said and went back in.

i leaned against the frame of the classroom door, still exhausted by the running as i watched sunoo who was happily chanting along with the class.