Chapter 4:

Biana's POV:

Okay, so apparently I wasn't supposed to ask that. It wasn't until I saw Sophie's face fall, and Keefe and Fitz look at me in horror that I realized that- but otherwise, HOW ELSE WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?

Sophie tugs out another loose eyelash before asking, Did we do anything wrong to harm them?

I don't think so, Marella sighs, honestly I thought you'd have noticed this sooner. Ever since you became the official Keeper of the Lost Cities, we all tore apart the Neverseen together, and became famous over the whole entire world, people look at us like we're not the same as them anymore rather than with pride or appreciation. 

It's not fair, I say, my eyes tearing up. After all we did to make sure they were safe, we're treated like trash.

We know,  Bi.

Fitz looks at me understandingly. The pain we all went through, the scars we all have... And no one else seems to relate. Stina, Maruca, and Jensi join us and Sophie opens up the transmission to their minds as well.

Can we all agree that people are just super annoying? Stina jumps in, reading the room.

Keefe snorts. And to think we used to hate you.

The feeling was mutual, Stina smirks back, taking a bite into her blitzenberry muffin. 

I take a sip of my lushberry juice quietly and notice Woltzer has finally joined the other bodyguards near the side of the room. Finally, I think to myself. I left him behind in the hallways again but I knew he'd catch up- eventually.

I'm such a good person.

As the conversation continues, I listen silently, just observing and thinking to myself. Who knew I'd become such a thoughtful person?

The bell rings and we all groan in disappointment. I have Multispecial Studies with Jensi and Marella, which we all love to take a nap in. Sir Leander has a sort of soothing voice to sleep to. But recently, we fall asleep and wake up with notes stuck to our backs, ending up with the three of us helping one another take the notes off of each other.

Keefe and Fitz leave first, knowing they cannot be late to whatever Elite classes they have. Dex and Sophie head off to level five alchemy, which I just found out is way harder than level two alchemy, but since they were kidnapped, they never fully met the requirements they were going to need for the Elite Levels.

And I also found out, as expected, Sophie still fails to understand alchemy. Without Dex, she'd probably fail even more.

Stina and Maruca head off after them and the Jensi, Marella and I decide to go as well since our lesson was right next to theirs and we can keep them company along the way. 

That and clear a larger path in the hallway.

Linh and Tam stayed behind, apparently in no rush to get to their ability lessons. Watching Linh now, after everything that happened, you can tell that it all changed her.

Like Sophie, she gained more snarkiness but unlike Tam, she got even more untrusting. And more fierce.

Tam changed too, but not as drastically. We all did. I sigh as we enter the hallway, our bodyguards not too far behind in the crowded halls.

"You know," I say, thinking about things, "What if the Neverseen didn't exist?"

Marella and Jensi gape at me.

"What?" Jensi says, his curly hair bouncing as he shakes his head in shock. 

"Biana, don't get me wrong, we understand what you're saying, but like it or not, they were a part of the change to the lost cities," Marella reasons.

"I know, but," I start, until some girls pass me and bump into my shoulder, making me stumble. Marella growls and I see a spark of fire dance around her finger tips, while Jensi helps me regain my balance. The girls were snickering and I mumble to myself, "This is why I prefer going invisible in the halls."

But I have to show everyone. I have to prove nothing can shake me.