Chapter 1:

Sophie's POV:

The staring in the halls are getting annoying. I keep my head down as I make my way to the Level 5 hall. Where are Biana and Dex when I need them?

Sandor's towering behind me, which doesn't make this any better. 

"Foster!" 

I look up to see Keefe waving me over from the Level Five hall. I feel myself grin in spite of myself. 

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be with the Level Sevens?" I ask him. 

He smirks, "What? Do you not want me here?" 

My face heats up and I look away. Keefe laughs.

"Those are some intense emotions, Foster," he teases, "I didn't know I made you that flustered!"

I hide my face in my hands, embarrassed. As I peek through my fingers at him, I see he's laughing still. He calms down and looks at me, his ice blue eyes warming me up. It feels nice to see him like this. After everything he's been through, everything he's still going through, I know it's been hard for him.

He hides behind the jokes and teasing so much, but now that I've seen him, truly seen him, it's moments like this, where he's not shadowed by his experiences, that make moments like this so much better.

"Foster?" 

I regain focus. Keefe looks at me kindly. "You have that little crinkle between your eyes again. And I can feel the pity from all the way over here." He points out. 

I look down. 

"Sorry," I say, "It's just, afer everything we've all been through, it's nice to be free of it all and see you so relaxed."

Keefe steps closer, reaches out, and tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "I'm glad too. And hey, look what came out of it!" He gestures towards us gently and I blush slightly. 

I swear, every time he does something like this, it feels like a thousand butterflies are in my stomach.

Sandor clears his throat sqeakily, interrupting before I can respond.

"Miss Foster, it's time for you to get to class."

Keefe clears his throat as well before imitating Sandor's voice. "Miss Foster, as much as I enjoy seeing you with the handsome and stunning Lord Hunkyhair, you must go see Fitzy for Cognate Training and regret your life decisions in there!"

Sandor frowns and suddenly sees reason in what Keefe is saying. I give a strained smile. "I'll be fine guys. Fitz and I are okay now and there's been a mutual understanding between us."

"Well, you could always ditch with me and keep your reputation as the one and only Mysterious Miss F," Keefe suggests playfully.

Sandor shakes his head.

"Sorry, but I have to do as I am tasked, and you, Keefe, will also be going to class as well." 

"What?!" I look at the shock on Keefe's face.

"Ro has requested I keep an eye on you too while she's finishing up her bedrest," Sandor explains, before pointing at the clock on the wall, "And now it's time for both of you to get going."

Keefe groans and I reassure him. "We'll see each other at lunch." He groans again, loud enough for people in the hall rushing to their classes to stop and look at him weirdly. I sigh in embarrassment.

Plus, I can transmit to you during class.

Keefe smirks at my idea. "Alright, where to, Gigantor?"