Chapter 3:

DISCLAIMER: I personally don't particularly hate Fitz. He has anger issues and doesn't take them out the right way, but if you try, you can understand a bit more about where he's coming from. SO, I did indeed write from his POV too. Comment your opinions if you want. But, if you choose to, you can reject this chapter and miss key details. But you'd also miss the Fitz we loved from before. Your choice :)

Fitz's POV

I walked away from Keefe and Sophie. And it felt... right. I think I understand a lot about how I affected her. I guess I just thought since I found her, I would be her preference. 

Then again, Empaths and Telepaths often complement each other so I'm not as shocked. I still regret a lot but I am happy Sophie's still okay with being my friend.

And I walked away from them a hour and a half ago. 

What did I do in alchemy!?

Think?

I look at the clock and it almost time for lunch. I transmit to Sophie.

Are we meeting at the usual table, or have new level ones capitolized our table again?

I wait for a response, sitting back in my chair and tapping my fingers on the armrest. "What are you so down about?" I turn to see Grizel staring at me oddly. She must've been alowed into the Elite towers in order to get me. Unlike Sandor and Ro, everyone else's bodyguards have to stand outside if their charge is in the elite levels. Keefe and Sophie are just special cases with higher risk I suppose.

"I'm not down, I'm just waiting for a response from Sophie." I explain.

"Well, hurry up. I got a goblin bodyguard to see and he usually isn't happy when I'm late." Grizel rolls her eyes. I do the same just as Sophie transmits back.

Well, we can try getting there first! Keefe and I are on our way now. Look out, Level Ones!!!

SOPHIE, THAT'S NOT A  GOOD-

And she cut me off-

"Well, let's go!" I hurry to lean up my station and head out the door. I definitely need to stop her and Keefe from scaring the level ones away again. Last time, they stood over the table and the Level Ones just ran away at the sight of them, leaving the two of them confused as ever.

"What's the sudden rush?" Grizel asks, walking next to me.

"Sophie and Keefe might scare some Level Ones by trying to get our table first."

Grizel sighs. "Why are they so sared of those two? They're too cute!"

I shrug. "I guess they just heard about all those two can do..."

As I say it, I know it's true. While people want to deny that we ever did anything special to help the elvin world, they are quick to believe we will use our abilities to be superior over them.

When we arrive to the Cafeteria, we find Keefe, Sophie, Tam, Linh, Biana, and Marella all sitting down with their trays. I go through the line, grab a plate of sweets and some mashed Carnissa fruit, and sit down in the open spot beside Biana.

"The table was free?" I question, skeptical all of the sudden.

Sophie grins. "Whatever we did yesterday seemed to keep them away today!"

Man, that girl doesn't piece things together easily. And I thought Ro had said the "Great Foster Oblivion" was over.

I look at my best friend and he shrugs, but I'm guessing he knows and just doesn't have the heart to tell her.

I feel Sophie's mind open up to everyone.

You know we don't have to have private conversations anymore, right? Marella asks, shaking her head.

Sorry, habit. Feels better, I guess. Sophie tugs out an eyelash.

Well, I have a question. Biana says this. What happened to us to make people treat us like this?

Well, so much for keeping it from Sophie.