Chapter 7: Does He Know?

Yukio woke up as the sun was shining brightly through his window. He got dressed and went to the lobby of the hotel.

Upon entering the pool area, he saw the new Hebijo elites arguing with each other.

"...You've even brought even brought Yukio into this?! You're trusting him with anything now, Miyabi?!" Imu exclaimed, she was on the opposite side of the pool than the other members.

"Imu, I..." Miyabi couldn't find a way to respond to her.

"This search for your mother is getting out of control! What if she isn't even here? Are you going to be searching your whole life in this barrier?!" Imu continued.

Yukio continued just observing the situation hidden near the hotel entrance.

I think I get what's happening now, Imu doesn't want Miyabi to be obsessed with this search for her mom...to some point, I understand. Miyabi's basically going after a theory. But then again, it's her mom.

"I refuse to let all of you want to stay here forever! We're going to win this festival, and I'm going to get us out of here!" Imu rushed out.

"Imu, wait!" Miyabi reached to stop her, but hesitated.

Now that's being reckless! There's no she's thinking of going against everyone by herself?! Also...everyone in Miyabi's team wants to stay here? I understand that Miyabi wants to stay, but why does Murasaki want to stay? Ryona probably wants to have fun with Ryoki, but why does Ryobi want to stay if she feels uncomfortable with Ryoki here?!

Miyabi let out a sigh, and looked towards Yukio.

"You can come out now, Yukio. I know you're there." Miyabi said in her usual monotone voice.

Yukio flinched, and then walked out of his hiding spot. "Sorry, I only heard some of it."

Miyabi chuckled. "We probably look very pathetic to you, don't we? Considering to abandon our Shinobi life to stay here."

All the other girls were silent, they didn't know what to say to defend themselves.

"Well...I've been worse." Yukio replied.

Last night was an example of how pathetic I can be.

"You guys aren't perfect. You are reconsidering what to really do here, that's just 'normal'." Yukio explained.

"But we're not...normal. We're Shinobi." Miyabi countered.

Yukio didn't know how to react to that claim.

Yeah, of course Shinobi aren't normal, but they're not god-like either.

"...Never mind then, I'll start my search for the day." Yukio said, as he walked away from the pool area.

Yukio walked around the island's forest, looking for Miyabi's mother.

Now that I think about it, I don't know what Miyabi's mom looks like...I'm sure I'll still find her though. How different could she look from Miyabi?

About an hour later, Yukio still couldn't find anything that could help him. He stopped searching the forest, and went back to the beach.

What the hell?! Do they look completely different, I just looked for ghosts that kind of look like Miyabi and they were all dudes!

"What do I do now?" Yukio felt discouraged.

"Um...Yukio?" Yukio heard a familiar gentle voice next to him, and saw Asuka and her squad walking towards him.

"Oh, h-hey girls." Yukio was still anxious around them.

Yes, of course I'm nervous because I know that most of these girls have a crush on me, but after seeing those ghosts so often, it's also starting to affect my image on the real girls.