Chapter 3: Ghosts, Swimsuits, and More!

"Look, I don't care about the prize of achieving the 'road to Kagura'. I don't care how useless my role is in this festival. Something's happening behind the scenes, and I'm gonna keep this festival going until I find out what's really happening!" Yukio announced with conviction as he pointed to Sayuri.

Sayuri glared at Yukio, as she wrapped up the festival introduction, and sent them back to the hotel. Yukio found his room, and settled down.

His room was a large hotel room with a king size bed, a large window that leads to the balcony, a large bathroom, and a shower with plenty of the hygiene essentials.

He checked the drawers and closet, and saw that they were filled with clothing of all different kinds; casual, underwear, even swimsuits.

These are my exact size and everything, how did Asuka's grandma do all this?! Another question is 'why'?

Yukio laid on his bed, and looked out the window. He saw the pool and the beach below his balcony.

This room is very high-class though. It's like I'm back home. This is so nice, I think...I needed this.

Yukio instantly fell asleep on his bed, and woke up as the sun shined in his face. The orange tint of the sunset lit his hotel room.

"Ugh..." Yukio groaned as he tried to cover the sun from his vision.

Man, I wanna stay in this bed all day...wait, I need to start looking for everyone else.

Yukio reluctantly got up from his bed, and headed back towards the beach. However, He stopped by the hotel's pool, and decided to look around.

Seems like no one is here, I wonder if they are already competing in the Shinobi Bon Dance that Sayuri mentioned.

"I guess I should look for someone." Yukio said.

When he arrived at the beach, he saw a group of ghost Shinobi wondering around the beach.

"Huh? Wait, isn't that..." Yukio walked towards the ghosts, and noticed familiar faces.

The group of ghosts were a bunch of ghost versions on the Hanzo girls and Homura's squad. All of them had fatal injuries on them, which made Yukio fall back in shock.

W-What the hell are you?! You can't be...each one of these wounds, I recognize them.

"Flattened bodies...pierced torsos...bullet wounds...oh my god..." Yukio grew nervous from the ghosts.

Flattened by Orochi's feet...pierced by Hebijo's falling debris...and shot by Ryobi's sniper bullets...and there's other ones that I recognize too. These ghosts are the dead versions of the girls from my previous lives!

The ghosts approached him like zombies, and he ran away out of fear. They blocked Yukio's path back to the hotel, and Yukio hesitated to run through them.

What do they want from me?! How are they even here?!

"Leave me alone!" Yukio shouted, as he ran towards the hotel.

He closed his eyes as he ran straight through the ghosts, and continued towards the hotel. Once Yukio reached the pool area, the ghosts stopped and continued wondering the beach.

So the hotel is the safe spot from those things...why are there ghosts of the girls from my previous timelines?! Wait, if dead people from my previous lives are here, then why aren't there any versions of myself?

"None of this make sense to me..." Yukio said to himself, as he sat on the stairs between the pool area and the beach.

"It doesn't make sense to any of us either." A voice replied, Yukio jumped from the sudden voice.