Chapter 4: Volleyball

"Let's get started then!" Haruka announced.

Wait! I need to make sure before we start...

"Hold up, Haruka. What are the challenges?" Yukio asked.

"Well, we have plenty of original sports made by yours truly." Haruka stated. "We have underwear-eating, grope-and-grapple, butt-splitting-"

"Ok, everyone! The sports events have been cancelled due to inappropriate activities! This was a bad idea, Haruka was only kidding, we don't need a sports festival. Why don't we do something else?" Yukio tried to shut down Haruka's sports event.

"Huh?! Fine, how about just a standard sporting event in the style of a tournament?" Haruka offered.

"Ok, what's the sport? It better not be an original." Yukio asked.

"It will be a standard game of beach volleyball. Three members per team, and the winners of the tournament get some kind of prize. How about that?" Haruka offered.

"Now that sounds age-appropriate. Good, let's go with that." Yukio accepted those conditions.

"Alright, everyone get into your trios." Haruka announced, and everyone started discussing who they want to be in pairs with.

I'm sure nobody wants to be on my team, so maybe I'll just leave the girls to their fun.

"Yu!" Someone shouted from the crowd, as Yukio went to leave.

Yukio stopped, and looked for who called out. He saw Shiki as she approached him. She was wearing a black swimsuit.

"Whoa! Shiki, what's up?" Yukio said, as he looked away from her

I don't think I can stand all of these swimsuits...at this point, will it even be age-appropriate?

"Wanna form a group? I don't want you to be, like, all by yourself." Shiki requested.

"R-Really? Are you sure? I don't really know how to play volleyball, and I'm not very athletic-" Yukio countered, but Shiki cut him off.

"Looks like most of them have already gone into their groups. So you're, like, stuck with me!" Shiki grabbed Yukio's arm and dragged him towards everyone else.

"Wait, aren't we supposed to be in teams of 3? Where's our third member?" Yukio asked.

"Mother trucker, I totally forgot about that." Shiki cursed.

Did she really just say 'mother trucker'?

"Do you see anyone without a team?" Yukio asked, and he searched through the crowd.

"Hey." Someone called out in a bratty tone, but neither of them heard.

"Shoot, everyone is already in a group. Are we sure we have equal amount of players?" Yukio wondered, as he counted the girls in groups.