12. First Night?

Armaan

Our pheras were completed, now pandit ji asked to stand up for garland (Varmala) exchange.

We both got up, and stood facing each other, and to tell you, whenever I see her I seem to get lost in her. Lost in her eternal beauty which she holds, her fights, her everything. Not that I'm in love with her.

I made her wore Varmala first, when it was my turn, Mihir and Aditya came to pick me up.

"Mihir, put me down" I shouted a little loud to make him hear and put me down.

"No" he said, and didn't put me down

I sighed "Please Mihir" I said again calmly.

He put me down, "Ki, beta pehna" my sweet mother in law said.

"Kya bhai, todha toh tease karne dete bhabhi ko" Avni bhabhi's voice came from behind, she was making Mehek sleep!

I smiled a little, as she held the Varmala to put around my neck, I got down in one knees and bowed my head so that she could put easily!

Hooting came from behind me, and she put Varmala around my neck, and I look up to face her, she was having tears with slightest of blush on her face.

"Kya bhai, itti jaldi har gaye ap!" Mihir said, though he was older then me, but he still calls me Bhai.

I smiled "Inke liye toh humesha harne ke liye tayar hu" I murmered, Kiara looked at me, she heard me, good for her.

"Har toh main kab ka Gaya tha" I said out loud, and it was truth!

Kiara gasped, everyone hooted again.

"Bhaiya to gayee" Ruhi said, and giggled!

..
"Mangalsutra pehnaiye" pandit ji said, after chanting 2-3 mantras, mom passed me a mangalsutra, and I put it around her neck.

"Sindoor lagaiye" pandit ji said, and I put vermilion on her parted hairline, a little fell on her nose, and she was going to wipe it but my mom stopped her.

"Beta, bolte hai ki agar sindoor Naak pe gire toh pati apse bahoot pyaar karta hai" mom said, and my eyes went to her face, and she was already looking at me.

..
Wedding was completed, now it was time for vidai.

Kiara hugged her father and was sobbing.

"Dad...I love you." She said, and her dad didn't said anything, hugged her more.

"Beta, apni sabse kimti cheez de raha hu tumhe, dhyan rakhna iska" her dad said while looking at me with his teary eyes

"Apni Jaan se bhi zayada papa" I said, smilingly, and he nodded.

..
We were at car, she was silent on our ride to home, I put my hands on her hand, she looked at me

"Relax Kiara, I knew all this is new for you and would be difficult, but I promise I will never let anything happen to you. I promise, I' will take care of you" I whispered and she smiled and nodded.