6. Cheated?

Aditya

A year back!

My world turned upside down, I saw my Girlfriend who said she loved me, was marrying another guy!

Her yesterday conversation roamed in my mind, I went to the stage and gave her flowers, and congratulated her.

I went, I was walking on the streets, not wanting to go anywhere!

Flashback*

"We are done Adi!" Riya said, throwing my promise ring which I gave her on the Christmas party, 2 years back!

"But Riya, why-" I was going to ask, but her words pierced me!

"Because you aren't successful, as he is. He is an Engineer, earns a 6-digit amount, and is rich! And you're just an intern! You are from a rich family, but you don't want your father's money!" She said

"But-"

"No Aditya, we are done! It's over, kal meri shaadi hai, You're invited!" She said and put wedding card on the bed and went.

Flashback ends*

She left me that day, with a broken heart, and shattered dreams!

But that day, I didn't break, I made walls around my heart, never letting anyone come between me and my success!

I went straight to my home, washed my face, and took the oath to be successful and rich, not that it was my motto, but I'll be! And I'll be the best Cardiologist in the country!

And from that day, I started studying hard!

Now

My eyes went to her, my biggest distraction, which I was tempted to ignore but I couldn't!

I finished my conference with doctors for surgery which was supposed to be today but it shifted to tomorrow!

"Adityaa" my mom shouted from downstairs, and I sighed.

Priya Bhabhi knocked on my door when I was putting my laptop and was going to freshen up!

She smiled "Come have breakfast with us!" She said, in her voice soft!

I nodded, and she went!

A message came on my phone, I took it out and saw it.

"Bhai Pancakes or Dark forest pastry! (You can order both also, but anyway)"
-Kiara

I smiled, she made a lot effort in making me happy and divert my mind from my-

I shook my head, and opened her message

"Anything you would prefer Bacha?"
-Adi!

I smiled a little!

I went and freshened up, and wore a simple white shirt with black trousers.

It was my leave day, for the first time in my job, I have taken leave!