14. Drunken Bl00d

Chapter 14. Drunken Bl00d

TW: [Blood & Death]

In those moments, you thought of nothing but the man who had you lip locked. All the possible things that could go wrong were not a worry as you were whisked away in those surreal moments.

That was until screams shattered it like glass.

It was as if one moment your eyes were closed, focused on a feeling you had wanted to feel your entire life, only to open them to Yuji's still blood-covered body.

Glass littered the floor, people shrieking out in physical pain and grief sliced through the air. There laid Yuji Itadori - dead. He was flat on his back with a gaping hole in his chest. Shoko stood over him in mourning while Gojo hovered over an unconscious Megumi in the corner.

The once lively space that was mixed with perfume in sweat was tainted with blood and horror.

Blood. There was so much blood.

Your drunk brain fought to sober up but everything was so hazy from the heavy drink and heavy lustful interaction with Geto.

'Is this real?'

You struggled to take it all in. It had only been 20 minutes since you had left.

"Y/N!" Nobara wailed as she ran up to you, gripping your arm. She looked just as frightened as you did. "Y/N, do something!"

In that moment you were reminded that you were one of the strongest there. A special-grade sorcerer who sat there uselessly frozen with astonishment, when you should've been on guard the whole time.

"What happened?" you finally managed to speak.

"A grade 1 cursed spirit attacked Yuji and Megumi while they were outside. Yuji was so drunk that Sukuna ended up taking over...a-and-" her horrified gaze darted over to the pink-haired boy's body.

You grabbed Nobara's shoulder to force her to look away from Yuji. That was all you needed to hear to sober up. "Nobara, listen to me, we have to clean this up. Grab Maki and start rallying the civilians."

Nobara desperately nodded as strained determination flooded her eyes. You turned toward where Satoru was and he was already standing with Megumi tossed over his shoulder like a rag doll. His glasses were off and blood splattered his clothing, but he was otherwise unscathed. Guilt flooded into your chest cavity at the sight, causing your feet to move.

"Are you okay?" you asked, clenching onto Satoru's shirt, "How the fuck did this happened?"

His eyes pierced into you coldly. "Wouldn't you like to know?" he said, disgust lacing through his words.

You clenched his shirt harder and shook him a bit, causing Megumi's body to slightly flail. "Satoru, why didn't you come get me?" You were clinging onto him desperately at this point, your eyes wildly searching his for answers.

"We couldn't find you, Y/N. Once I realized you were occupied, it was too late..." his words caused you to immediately release his shirt.

'How did he know-"

Your body spun around quickly. 'Suguru. Where is Suguru?' your eyes scanned the chaos, practically pushing you over the edge into insanity. So many people were hurt. Nobara and Maki were helping two girls out of the venue, physically carrying them as bloody hair stuck to their foreheads. Bodies were sobbing over bodies, causing your brain to do backflips knowing it had just seen those people happily dancing once before.

"Where is he?" Satoru asked from behind you. Your eyes continued to dart around for Suguru and you peered up the staircase.

There stood Toji studying the scene, standing over the balcony with a deadpan look on his face. Once he saw you noticed him, he turned and left your view immediately.

Satoru was thin on patience and began to leave. Megumi needed deeper medical assistance than what Shoko could provide in those moments. Besides, she was so focused on how she was going to handle Yuji. Sukuna was still in there, but there lay the dead birthday boy at the same time.

"Call Nanami," Satoru called over his shoulder.

As you shakily pulled out your phone, you felt more helpless than ever. The cries of the people around you would forever be in your nightmares in days to come.

Not to mention, that was the last time you ever saw Suguru.

A/N - sorry this one was short! RIP Yuji tho