Eudora adored the attention. Not in a condensing way. In a manner that she was so open to being exposed to new people. Never shy to accept a drink from the city's men and women. Always up for conversation.

Her arms were always open for the next person to approach and smile bright to just make her welcome that much more heartfelt.

Not being able to contain her youthful excitement, Eudora took to the bathing room to freshen up. She was in a time crunch, but that didn't stop her from taking her time in the mirror.

Working from the bottom to her roots, Eudora detangled her curly hair. It was turning a dark red as she grew older. Looking more like a burgundy than auburn. She adored it, all the way to the tip of her strands, the older hair still holding the lighter color.

She could simply cut it. Her whole life, Eudora's hair reached past her shoulders and ended at the lower part of her back. And while it's not easy to take care of, she was so used to the length that it didn't bother her.

Her mother told her it's because her hair was beautiful, but she felt there was something underlying that reason.

She never pushed. Because she knew her mother carried secrets. Webbed beneath the scars that lined her skin. It's hard not to ask sometimes, but she's gathered a story just from the marks of the scars alone.

There's no mistaking the scars that wrap her wrist.

Eudora finished her hair and left it to hang down. She looked over at herself in a taller mirror. Her deep brown skin was mildly covered from the black dress that ended mid-thigh. Sheer material wrapped around her torso and long sleeves and a v-neck left just enough for her to be comfortable but confident.

As she was grabbing her belongings, mid putting the lyre in a small bag, there was a knock on her door.

Eudora froze and poked her head out her room, scanning the living area. Then to the door, there was a small frosted window that showed a silhouette on the other side.

There are only a few people allowed on the island she calls home. And by the height of the figure Eudora knew it was her mother.

"Shit..", she cursed under her breath and stepped out of the room to answer the door. She only opened it up slightly to reveal Sage who held a deadpanned look.

"I heard that.", her mother raised an eyebrow.

"As you always do..", Eudora smiled. If she was a child, she's be reprimanded for cursing. Thankfully, she grew and so did her dictionary. At least the one she can say around her mother. "What's up?"

Sage features were soft, her white hair pulled back into two braids crowning her head. When people see the two together, they never fail to mention how similar they look. While her hair was all catered to her father, her facial features were keen to Sage.

"Kallius has invited us for dinner at the Winter Court in celebration of Solstice. Be ready in an hour..."

But then Sage narrowed her eyes seeing the dolled up look her daughter has. "Did you not just come back from training?" she asks genuinely curious.

Eudora bites her lip. This was the first time that she's had plans to overlap each other on Winter Solstice. Her mother usually doesn't celebrate and only makes a deal for Summer. Whether it be going to the Summer court of Spring.