𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | KLAUS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE NIGHT FELT ENDLESS AS EDEN GILBERT REMAINED SEATED IN THE CELLAR OF THE SALVATORE HOUSE. Her decision may stupid— completely and utterly mad, but she knew this was the only way to work out what they were truly dealing with. After Bonnie nearly sacrificing herself for Eden and Elena, she knew they needed to know the true extent of Klaus, and there was only one person that knew what the vampire was truly capable and that was Elijah. After removing the dagger that was him, the minutes felt like hours. She assumed once the dagger was removed, he would resort back to his old self but he still remained dead.

Out of nowhere, an inhumane gasp left his lips as his body contorted in unimaginable ways. With the dagger firmly in her grip, Eden shuffled closer to him as his eyes met hers. "Woah. Elijah. Elijah."

"Katerina." His voice softly spoke whilst his grey skin began to make its eventual transition back to his usual complexion. "Oh, my God." His head dropped back down onto the floor of the cellar until his body began to spasm once more. Eventually, he made his way shakily up to his feet. "I can't— I can't breathe! What's happening to me?"

He attempted to speed out of the cellar, only to hit the wall instead. Eden rushed over, gripping him to help steady the vampire. "Oh— Oh, you're not invited in."

Within a second, he rushed out of the house, crashing into doors and walls as he went. Eden ran after him, up the staircase and toward the front door where he was stood, looking immediately better. 

He attempted to enter the house again, but was only stopped at the threshold. He eyed up the doppelgänger with a pointed glare. "What happened?" 

Eden simply lifted her index finger to cover her lips, as she pointed toward the upstairs. She was silently telling him that Stefan and Damon were able to hear. "I'll tell you everything. But, not here."

Elijah narrowed his gaze. "Can I trust you?" He asked, a lowered tone of voice as instructed by Eden.

In an attempt to earn his trust, Eden held the dagger out toward him with an honest look. Elijah stared in her eyes for a moment, before he simply took the dagger from her and nodded.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After informing Elijah that Klaus was in Mystic Falls and residing in the body of Alaric Salesman, he agreed to help. Eden needed to know everything about Klaus, and Elijah knew most of it. 

"Elijah, Eden!" Carol Lockwood opened the door to the Lockwood Mansion in sheer surprise to see the two standing innocently on her doorstep. "What're you doing here?" Her eyes then drifted to Elijah's scorched suit. "What happened?"