𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | DADDY ISSUES

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EDEN WAS FURIOUS TO HEAR ABOUT THE ARRIVAL OF THEIR DEAD-BEAT DAD, JOHN GILBERT. She and Elena had absolutely no idea why he was back in Mystic Falls, but she assumed it was for nothing good. The last time he was in town, he orchestrated a vampire round-up, similar to the one in 1864, which almost killed Damon— not that she would've been too cut up about that.

"Morning." John gave the twins a smile as they furiously made their way into the kitchen. He turned the television off, knowing the two would surely want a conversation. "Coffee?"

"I'd rather drink my own piss." Eden gave John a sarcastic smile. "Why the hell are you here?"

"I'm here to protect you. That's all I can say for the moment." 

Elena scoffed in disbelief whilst Eden rolled her eyes. "Why do you mean, that's all you can say?"

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust the two of you."

"Oh, God. I'm late!" Jenna cried out as she ran into the kitchen. Her entrance immediately cut the twin's conversation with John off. 

"That's what you get for hitting the snooze three time—" Alaric's voice halted as soon as he saw John, whilst Jenna remained frozen with widened eyes.

"Good morning to you, Jenna, Alaric."

"It's okay I'm confused, right?" Jenna asked the twins before she directed her attention to John. "Because we were not expecting you, like, ever."

"Well, I got in late last night. Elena let me in." He gestured to the younger of the two twins whilst Eden gave an awkward look to her sister.

"You know, I'm, uh— probably just gonna take off." Alaric spared one final glance for Eden and Elena before he disappeared out the front door.

"I'm still confused here."

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." John shrugged.

"Not here you're not." Jenna bit back whilst Elena and Eden remained silent.

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here. Uh— and speaking of you being their legal guardian. Girls, do you want me to explain the situation or would you like to do the honours?"

"Jenna, we, uh— we should've told you but we've been so busy and—" Eden started.

"—I'm their biological father. There. Now you know."