𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | KATERINA

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

BURNING WAS THE FIRST THING EDEN FELT. Her eyes had fluttered open and she was there again— Steven's Quarry. She knew it was a nightmare, it just had to be. As she shakily brought herself up to her feet, she composed herself and stared over to the apparent altar in the short distance. It was the same man from her dreams. The man that she couldn't make out— the man that wanted her dead.

"It's been a long time coming, sweetheart." His voice whispered softly. He edged closer to the circle of fire that enclosed her like a caged animal, but not close enough for her to identify the man in question. "I have thought about this day longer than you can even begin to imagine. Centuries."

"Who— who are you?" Eden stuttered in a panic. Though, there was a strange sort of comfort in the desperate belief that this was a dream and that she was okay. 

"Let's not play coy now." He scoffed to himself as he circled the enclosure she was forced to remain inside. "You and your friends have been tirelessly devoted to stopping this. There has not been a second that my name hasn't left those pretty lips of yours, Eden—"

"—Eden. Eden!" Her eyes jolted open at the abrupt noise of her sister trying to wake her. Eden grunted softly and rubbed her eyes, a sigh of relief left her lips when she saw she was not at the Quarry. "Oh. Good. You're awake."

"Kinda hard not to be when you're around." The Gilbert girl sat upright in her bed as she yanked the blankets over her body more. "What is it?"

"Stefan called. We need to head over there." Elena pointedly told her older sister as she slowly made her way to exit Eden's bedroom, until she stopped. "Are you okay?"

At this point, Eden had two options— she could tell Elena could the dreams she had been having, which seemed oddly resemblant of the sacrifice every one had been talking about, or she could put it down to a severe case of anxiety. "I'm fine. I'll meet you downstairs." Eden smiled innocently until Elena left her bedroom. 

Eden chose option two. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Damon had ushered the two girls inside the house, but Eden couldn't help but notice the tension between Damon and Elena— however the tension seemed one-sided. But, they had bigger things to worry about than Damon. As soon as they stepped into the hall, Rose appeared from behind Stefan. 

"I— I'm not here to hurt you. Either of you." She began, holding her hands up in some sort of surrender. "I wanna help."

Elena and her sister exchanged looks. Eden took a deep breath, almost as if she were taking charge. "Fine. Then tell us exactly what we're up against."