𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | THE MASQUERADE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EDEN HAD BEEN ASKED TO HEAD OVER TO THE SALVATORE HOUSE, BUT WAS NOT TO TELL ELENA. Naturally, the curiosity was the only thing fuelling her silence. When Eden knocked on the door, Caroline was quick to open it and offer the doppelgänger a warm smile— but Eden was confused and concerned. Why was she invited, but Elena wasn't? Why all the secrecy?

"Uh— does anyone wanna explain why I was sworn to a pack of silence?" Eden asked abruptly as she strolled inside. Within a second, her attention was taken by her little brother. He walked through the house as though he lived there. "Jeremy?"

"We're gonna kill Katherine." He vaguely answered, eyeing his sister up before he moved over to Alaric.

Eden's eyes fell to Stefan. He held his hands up in defence. "I can explain. We're gonna kill Katherine."

"Are you guys crazy?" The Gilbert girl scoffed in disbelief. "Shall I tell you guys a little tale of what she did to Jenna— she compelled her to stab herself, Stefan. Do you seriously not think she's gonna be one step ahead of us?"

"Eden, what Katherine did to Jenna— it crossed a line. She has to be stopped before it happens again." The Salvatore attempted to plead his case, but Eden couldn't get her head around it. "Look, Katherine knows me. She knows that I'm not gonna try something in a crowd full of innocent people. So, that gives me an edge. I can catch her by surprise. Bonnie said we can trap her in a room, away from innocent people— nobody will get hurt, Eden."

 "Okay." The doppelgänger swallowed thickly as she wandered over to the rest of the group. "I'm in."

"Are you sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asked with a skeptical look.

"No. I need you to stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this." Stefan told Alaric as the man nodded in response. "Alright. If anybody wants to back out, I'll understand."

"Yeah. Cold feet, speak now. I don't want this going wrong because someone chickens out." Damon's gaze fell immediately to the blonde. "Caroline?"

"I won't." She shrugged. "Look, she killed me. Fair's fair. As long as there are no werewolves running around."

"Oh, I took care of Mason."

"And as long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn." Jeremy joined in, immediately worrying Eden. She hated how involved he was in the supernatural. 

"Bonnie, you with us?" Stefan asked.

The Bennett witch nodded. "But no one gets hurt." 

"Nobody apart from that bitch." Eden smiled sadistically.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eden stepped into the Lockwood estate wearing a long red dress with a high slit upon the side with a black lace mask over her face. The stakes were high tonight— she knew that. Katherine Pierce needed to pay for the torment that she placed on everyone Eden cared about, and she wanted to make sure of it.