chapter 10

Your ears perked at the distant sound of the pitter-patter of sonics fast feet. You checked your hair one last time, to make sure it was covering your neck.

His positive face came into your sight, his shining emerald eyes and beaming smile. His eyes locked on yours and he knelt down to where you were sitting.

"There you are. I knew id find you." his kind voice said.

Sonic held out his gloved hand to you, and you quickly grasped it and he helped you up. He hald his hand on your back to help steady you.

"Sonic! Im so happy to see you." you said, admiring him yet again.

"So am i." he paused for a moment, his gaze went to your shoulders. You tensed. Did he see the..?

"You poor thing, you must be freezing to death out here. I could have sworn you had a jacket before." he said, and you breathed a sigh of relief you didn't know you were holding in. then he took off his jacket, revealing his undershirt. "Here you go, take mine. You must need it a lot more than i do, i can see you shaking."

He placed his warm jacket over your shoulders and helped your arms into the sleeves. It was a bit big on you, but you were still very grateful.

"Th-thank you so much..." you said, and caught yourself blushing softly.

You gasped as he bent down and lifted you off your feet, holding you bridal style. You held your breath as the blush increased, warming your entire face.

"We need to get others to the others quickly. Don't want to keep them waiting. That wont be a problem for me, just make sure you hold on tight. Were going to go a bit fast." sonic said.

He gave you a second to adjust and hold on, and you grasped his quills behind his head tightly. Before you knew it, the wind whipped you face as you sped through the maze of the cities ruins. The wind was making your eyes water, so you crushed them shut and buried your face into sonic's shoulder.

You heard his soft chuckle as his speed picks up.

Before you knew it, he comes to a sharp halt and he begins to catch his breath. You look up from his soft shoulder to see several familiar faces staring at you silently.

Sonic quickly sets you down on your feet, and you realized your les were shaking. You looked to your feet in embarrassment, before you feel warm arms hug yout ightly. You looked up to see rouges content and relieved face, smiling ear to ear.

"Were so happy you're back, darling." she says. "All of us."

"We better get going." espio said, while climbing into the plane. The rest followed, with you being the last. Sonic noticed this and reached down to help you up into the plane.

"Th-thanks." you stuttered shyly. You sat yourself down next to rouge.

She pinched your jacket with her hands and looked to your eyes. "Sweetie, is this sonics jacket?" she said while smirking teasingly.

You nodded, also smiling.

For the rest of the plane ride, you chatted with your friends, overall having a good time.

By the time the plane landed, your cheeks were pink from how much you had smiled and laughed. You made your way off the plane, and into the base. Everyone was there, anxiously waiting for the mission report. Before you stepped inside, you gave the jackey back to sonic. You said your thanks, and headed into the base.

You made your way to amy, who was typing away at her laptop. She came up to you and pulled you in for a big hug hug. You were quick to embrace it.

"Im so glad your alright. We had caught wind of the fact you were unable to contact the others, to be honest i was really worried for you. " amy said.

"Yeah... id rather not go into to much detail, if thats alright?" you said, shuffling your feet in embarrassment.

"Of course. How about you head home? Were sending all those who were on the mission to go rest. You must have had a hard day, i understand." she said. You nodded and she sent you off.

Infinites POV

I made my way to the laundry room. It was nice, having a house all to myself. It was quite large aswell, because it used to belong to the jackal squad. Since they are all gone, i have it all to myself.

I placed my tanktop and her jacket into the wash and turned it on. I would want to give her jacket back to her while it was still dirty.

The loud humming and thumping of the washing machine was still noticable from downstairs. I went down to the kitchen and made myself some ramen noodles.

I didn't have much money, neither did anybody else at this time. Except for eggman, but he was as greedy as a pig. He payed me a decent amount, but most of the money he gave me went to paying my debt.

I sat down in the dim lighting of the kitchen and waiting for the ramen to finish in the microwave. The microwave hummed loudly, creating a blank space for my mind.

A few moments later, i was sitting and eating ramen while on my phone. My phone was left on the picture of Y/N, and i couldn't help but stare for a few moments.

My phone buzzed.

1 notification from "Eggman"

I sighed and tapped on the notification.

Eggman: Infinite, im sending you on another mission tomorrow. Im giving you another chance, you better not screw it up this time.

Infinite: Go on...

Eggman: you're going to conquer a nearby town for the Eggman Empire. Park avenue. I expect nothing short of full control over the entire town by the end of tomorrow.

Infinite: I'm on it.

Infinite: Hold on, whats your role in this? You cant expect me to do all this on my own.

Eggman: I wouldn't doubt sonic and his team will be there. I don't have much of an advantage anymore because they took over my base, so i cannot make it over there, but i will pay you a lot of cash for this, don't you worry.

That had grabbed my attention. A paycheck never fails to get me to do the job.

Infinite: consider it done.