40. New things to test out

Start from the beginning

They all sighed in relief and continued watching over Toru, just in case.

After some time and admittedly, getting distracted chatting about the torn paper, they noticed that Toru was now hiding under the box they gave it, and was using it to hide while sleeping.

They were very impressed, since Toru had never napped before and this isn't how other animals do it, as usually they wouldn't cover themselves.

They checked the time, since that could also be a factor as to why it wanted to sleep and low and behold, it was dark outside, and so, they now wanted to test how it knew that.

Along with this, they again wanted to see what other enviroment changes affected its behavior, since once again, it hadn't napped once in the many days it spent with Tonuk.

But this would happen later on, since it was fairly late and they all wanted to sleep now after realizing that it was time to do so.

The bodyguard left the area first as Ri and the researchers followed suit, first the three of them went to the dorms as the bodyguard was left to go back home.

They all said goodnight to eachother and went inside their own rooms.

Ri spent some time continuing to explore, seeing if he could find anything new but didn't find anything too interesting, so he spent some time chatting on a bedside tablet with Tonuk about visiting, everything they had discovered about Toru and to bring his things over.

And so, Ri went to sleep on a good note.

Teotu's perspective:

Teotu woke up excited to start testing new enviroments on Toru, since it felt safe enough to nap and sleep in a new enviroment, so it likely wouldn't mind testing out new habitats.

She remembered to first check on a tablet how Toru was doing, and the bed showed a normal heartbeat and breathing, along with an unusually early time.

This wasn't too unexpected though, as she usually woke up early when she wanted to test out new things.

So, she spent some time planning out two habitats to build while Toru slept, which she'd have Jai help out with mostly, meanwhile, Ri would meet up with his teacher to finish organizing the lessons for Toru.

After some time, she settled for making a humid and sand habitat with food hidden on the floor and on trees, and a forest-like habitat, again with food at the bottom and top, but this one also would have bushes.

After planning them out and making quick sketches, she ate, got dressed and went out to wait for Jai and Ri to come out, while making a list of materials to ask for from the warehouse, thankfully, they had gotten a pretty large budget to play around with.

Finally, Ri and Jai walked out and met uo with her, as she explained her plans, which they were clearly too sleep-drunk to realize would be a bit hard to do in the morning, but a yes is a yes and at least Jai couldn't back out by then.

And so, they went to the elevator and found an empty room with a couple enclosures to work with, although they were a bit smaller than the one Toru was at.

It looked basically the same as their normal room that Toru was in, but with two enclosures, as it was meant for testing comunication between animals, but without body language.

Still, it was good enough, and Teotu set down a note in the elevator to clarify that they'd be using the room, although its not like there was any chance that it'd be taken by someone else.

They all then went out of the building and went to the warehouse beside.

It was still a bit too early, so there was only one employee there, but they had spent enough time for her to gather all the materials for the first habitat, which they realized should probably be the only one done for the day.

This was because there wouldn't be too much point to building a second one, since they had to wait for Toru to acclimate and show new behaviors before moving onto the next habitat.

They said their thanks and brought the materials up to the room and started to work, but meanwhile, they sent Ri to check up on Toru and bring it some food for when it woke up.

Ri walked to the elevator and went up, wondering why there weren't any cameras in that room.

Fun fact:
There is very few illness in those planets for three main reasons:

-Proper prevention methods agains the spread of disease

-Complete extermination of lethal/dangerous diseases

-Strong vaccines that prepare against many different diseases from a young age, along with hand-made fake viruses meant to strengthen the imnune systen

Of course, there are a couple fairly dangerous viruses running around which are being worked on to exterminate.

Though some of them may have evolved to infect many different species, along with ways to hide and be undetectable, due to how much time they have had to evolve, which makes them a lot harder to eradicate.