38 - Kiss

A/N Thank you to @mystic_elf_137 who helped me so much in writing this chapter and will most likely help me in the future.

Artemis

All night Cedric and I have successfully avoided all of the guys in my family. I got to talk to Jenna for a little while Harry was in the bathroom but I quickly said goodbye when I saw Harry walking our way. Val has mostly been hanging out with me and Cedric leaving Nathan dateless which has had the three of us in laughing fits a few times after seeing him standing out of place. After a half hour of hanging out, the band begins to play a slow song, and a few people go out onto the dance floor.

"Care to dance Artemis?" Cedric says, bowing and holding his hand out for me to grab. I glance over and see Nathan glaring at me, so I smirk and curtsey, 

"It would be my honour." I take Cedric's hand and we glide onto the dance floor, my royal blue skirt brushing against the marbled flooring of the dance floor. I see my parents, Lily and James dancing together, James tripping over his own feet while Lily laughs. Cedric guides me to near the middle and he puts his hand on my waist, and mine goes to his shoulder as my other hand grasps his firmly. We dance to the music, and I let it wash over me as we spin. The music is slow and beautiful, and Cedric dips me a few times, the silky royal blue fabric of my dress flowing perfectly over my figure.

I see Jenna and Harry join us on the dance floor. Jenna looks happy as she dances with Harry. The slow song ends and a much faster, more fun song starts. I grin as I see Harry twirl Jenna around, her baby blue skirt spinning as she laughs. I let go of Cedric's shoulder and started to dance with him, laughing and enjoying myself.

We dance for the next half hour, and by then Sirius and Remus have joined us on the dance floor. Sirius is dancing and enjoying himself, while Moony looks awkward and embarrassed. I lead Cedric off the dance floor and flop into my chair "I don't think I can dance anymore." I whine, looking over at Cedric, who laughs. "Just two minutes ago you were saying you didn't want to stop dancing." he reminds me. I scowl at him playfully. 

"Just because I said I want to, doesn't mean I can!" I argue, to which he laughs. 

"Fair point. I'm going to go get us something to drink, I'll be back." I watch Cedric walk off, and then decide to go and find Harry, who has disappeared off the dance floor.

I walk down the halls and go to his bedroom door. I turn the handle, making the mistake of not knocking as the door swings open, and what I see makes me want to throw up. Jenna is pressed against the wall as Harry kisses her, his hands in her hair and her arms around his neck. I try to process what just happened as I see Harry scramble away from Jenna, his face bright red. "Uh... Artemis... This isn't what it looks like...." He stutters. "Oh really? Because it looks a lot like you snogging Jenna!" I laugh trying to process what I've just witnessed,

"Well... I um... the point is... um" Harry stutters his face getting redder by the second,

"Wait omg you finally grew some balls!" I chuckle thinking about how Dad and Remus told me how he was always stuttering and nervous around girls he liked.

"What the hell!?" Harry yells at me and starts pushing me out of the room while I'm cackling, "Awww I can't believe my baby brother grew some balls" I tease in between my laughter,

"Go away! I'm older than you!" Harry yells before shoving me out of his room,

"You still act like a child!" I retort with a yell as he slams the door in my face. I walk back downstairs with a smug grin on my face. Walking into the ballroom I try to find Valentina or Cedric, instead while looking around the room I bump straight into someone.

"Thought you were dancing with Cedric" Nathan muttered bitterly not looking me in the eyes

"He went to get us a drink." I was still a bit pink from walking in on Harry and Jenna, and I think Nathan noticed, he frowned and leaned towards me. "Why are you blushing?" He asked, getting closer to me as he leaned down, studying my face.

"Don't go in Harry's room" I say with a small laugh looking up at him,

"Oh my gods what did he do this time?" Nathan groans, glancing at the hall I just came from,

"Ask Jenna," I reply with a not so discrete smirk, that has Nathan looking around the room, a confused look on his face, 

"I don't see her? Where is she?" he glances back at me, looking for an answer. An answer I would happily give, 

"In Harry's room," I answer with a growing smirk as I wait for him to connect the dots.  Realisation dawned on his face after a few moments, before a disgusted look replaced it. 

"Oh. Oh!" His eyes widened, "He actually?" I nodded in confirmation, leaving him in his thoughts for a few seconds. 

"Don't tell anyone, I have an idea in mind for outing him," I tell Nathan as my mind reels with ideas for Christmas tomorrow morning. Turning away from Nathan I send him one last wink before walking into the crowd after spotting Cedric standing near the drinks table.

A/N I am so sorry for not posting I hate writer's block so much, once again thanks to @mystic_elf_137. Also, I know I am repeating a chapter title but I accidentally skipped the number 36 😭