The Christmas Crew

Start from the beginning

"Good," Edendir said suspiciously, catching the bag tossed his way. A quick feel about clarified that nothing was broken, despite Vassago having looked over the presents Edendir had bought. With Dylan walking into his room at all hours of the day it wasn't safe for Edendir to keep anything with him so most of his stuff was hidden over the house or in Vassago's room.

"Come on!" Dylan said impatiently, appearing in the doorway. It was the first time he'd ventured so far away from the kitchen in his own home. "Or neither of you are getting presents. Or Christmas cookies."

That was all the motivation the two princes needed. A short battle for the door and a lot of shoving down the stairs later they reached the lounge, bursting through the doorway and being greeted by a small gathering.

Boyd's parents had decided to stay on holiday for another six months so he was still living with them. They knew nothing of Dylan or of the fact Boyd nearly lost his legs and Boyd had no intention of telling them. He was sat by the tree in a vest top and pyjama shorts, rocking back and forth on the spot as he waited for Edendir and Vassago to settle down. 

Dylan sprang across the room and forcefully pushed Edendir down to a patch of carpet in front of the tree. Vassago was dragged forwards and dumped on the floor but with a lot more protest from the prince.

"We need to drug Dylan in future," Aunt Katy murmured, shuffling through the door in slippers and a dressing gown. "He wakes up far too early. Do you really expect me to be able to make cookies in this state?"

"You can make everything, Aunt Katy," Dylan said with a charming smile. "You're a brilliant cook. Now sit down."

Lilly trailed in after her mum, trying to hide behind her dressing gown. Vassago nodded at her and she went pale, darting to the other side of the sofa and peeking over the top.

"Just apologise," Edendir said to the prince of darkness.

"No," Vassago said bluntly.

"You'll ruin Christmas."

"I don't care."

"Dylan will put you in a cookie," Edendir threatened.

"Yes, Dylan will," Dylan nodded. Then he stopped and frowned. 

"There was something wrong with that sentence," Boyd chuckled. "Boyd thinks."

"Let's not start this!" Edendir interrupted. "No more referring to yourself in the third person. Vassago, if you don't apologise to Lilly then I'm going to lock you outside and eat a cookie whilst watching you through the window. Then I will make it snow everywhere but where you are stood. There I will create a miniature volcano out of your head."

"Sorry Lilly," Vassago said, twisting around to look at the girl. "I hope you forgive me."

"Please don't kill me," she whimpered. 

"And no ruining my lawn," Aunt Katy said sternly. "No volcanoes, Edendir."

"Aw..."

"Presents time!" Dylan yelled. "Everyone give one another their presents! But not all at once. Then it's really, really confusing."

"Edendir, catch," Boyd said, tossing a small, rectangular box to the elf. He caught it with one hand and made the wrapping paper melt away. Inside there was a box of cards that, when opened, began to fade out of sight.

"Invisible cards?" Edendir guessed. Boyd nodded and Edendir grinned. "Thanks. These are awesome. I think it only right that I give you your present now."

A large box was slid from the never-ending sack that was by Edendir's side and given to Boyd. The American took it and dug through the wrapping to pull open the flaps.