The Christmas Crew

Start from the beginning

"I understand what you are trying to say," Vassago said humbly. "Apart from the Christmas bit. Why is that relevant?"

"Because Christmas is a massive celebration with presents and food and decorations and stuff," Edendir sighed. "And elves. Dylan has threatened to dress me in a 'traditional' elf outfit and put me to work in a shop. His family runs hundreds of department stores all over the world. Aunt Katy's husband is currently in Japan I think, settling another deal. Or he might be dead, I can never tell which."

"Possibly both," Vassago suggested. Edendir smiled slightly and then sighed again.

"You need to regain Dylan's trust," he said. "Despite the fact that Lilly is the most annoying human being I have ever had the misfortune to meet, she's still his cousin."

"Should I apologise?"

"Apologise to Lilly."

"No."

Edendir sighed for the third time in as many minutes. "We need to think of a better idea."

*

One month and two weeks later...

"It's Christmas!" Dylan yelled, jumping on Edendir's bed. The elf groaned and buried his head under the covers, nose poking out.

"Come on! We need to wake everyone up!"

"What time is it?" Edendir asked, rolling over and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. 

"Six AM," Dylan replied.

"Go back to sleep!" Edendir moaned, throwing a pillow at Dylan. It missed and fire soon followed.

"Christmas!" Boyd shouted, sprinting into the room and wrapping Dylan up in a massive hug. The latter squealed and his squeal grew when he was tossed onto Edendir's bed. The elf scowled and ripped his duvet away, curling up into a cocoon and giving the Americans a death glare. 

"It. Is. Six. A. M," Edendir said through gritted teeth. "Go. Back. To. Sleep!"

"Never!" Dylan said, punching the air!

"We need to go and wake up everyone else!" Boyd exclaimed. He bounced out of the room and Dylan soon followed. Edendir scanned through who else was in the house in his head and then bolted out of bed, trying to beat the two up the stairs. Vassago wouldn't take kindly to being woken up so early and would probably kill someone.

"Stop!" Edendir hollered, flying forwards and blocking the stairs so that Boyd, who was first, couldn't go past. "Vassago will eat you."

"Actually I'd just slice off your skin and put it in Aunt Katy's cookies, but eating you would be my second course of action," Vassago said, leaning over the banisters at the top of the stairs. His hair was ruffled and his eyes were half-closed with sleep. "What's the occasion?"

"Christmas!" Boyd and Dylan chorused. Vassago shook his head and vanished back into his room. Edendir went up the stairs after him, leaving the humans to their excitement.

"I want to sleep," Vassago said as Edendir came through the door. "And I'm going to make Dylan a volume control somehow."

"Maybe you could just carry a roll of tape around with you wherever you go?" Edendir suggested, leaning against the wall. Vassago's small attic room was in near darkness, furniture shrouded in shadows and who-knows-what hidden on the floor. The elf found it safest just to hover by the wall, not touching anything but the things that kept the ceiling up.

"That might work," Vassago said. He leant over the side of his bed and dragged a small sack out from underneath. "Either way, I still got people presents. And I didn't open yours, I promise."