eight

deji had been avoiding jeno as much as possible, acting slightly colder to him, and jeno noticed. he was confused, wondering what had changed with them.

she was only meeting with him for his tutoring sessions, leaving right after them without another word. she didn't necessarily do it on purpose, jaemin's words just constantly replayed in her mind, and she wouldn't be able to take the heartbreak if she let herself get more attached to the boy.

"jeno you ready?" jaemin asked, jeno sat at the kitchen table, his head down as he counted money. his aura was dark, the money shuffling through his fingers fast and effortlessly.

"nah, i'm not going." jeno spoke deep and low, his eyes on the money as he folded it, tucking it into his pocket.

"what the fuck you mean?" jaemin turned, jeno standing tall, looking towards a confused jaemin.

"i have something to do, you can drop that by yourself." jeno walked past jaemin, grabbing his clip and placing it into the back of his waistband.

"if i die, it's on you." jaemin shook his head, jeno scoffing.

"just don't be stupid and you won't die?" jeno rolled his eyes, jaemin walking out the door.

jeno grabbed his jacket, heading out the door.

he pulled up to deji's house, slowly getting out of his car, his eyes on the large house in front of him.

he stepped up to her front door, clearing his throat before ringing to doorbell.

"daeee! get the door please," jeno was able to hear deji's voice, a smile spread across his face.

daejung did as deji asked, swinging the door open to reveal jeno on the other side.

"woah, who the fuck are you?" daejung was taken aback, seeing jeno, who stood taller than him, his arm sleeve of tattoos peaking up his neck and out of shirt.

"yeah, i wanted to speak with deji, she home?" jeno explained, daejung tilting his head. jeno looked like he was 25, judging from his tattoos, daejung couldn't fathom his sister talking to someone so old, older than him himself.

"who is it, dae?" deji came around the corner, seeing a confused daejung.

"jeno?" deji's eyes were wide as she spotted jeno, immediately stepping forward and pushing his chest back.

"give us a second," she smiled at her older brother, closing the door on him. daejung rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he headed back into the kitchen.

"what are you doing here?" deji asked, crossing her arms as she looked up at him.

"i wanted to talk to you," jeno spoke down towards her, her hand lifting to rest on his arm.

"look, there's cameras here, my appa, he's crazy." deji looked around her.

"you have to sneak into my room, you have to jump the right side fence, there's a ladder and you'll see my window, okay?" deji explained, pointing towards where she was talking about.

"okay," he nodded, his eyes stuck on her as she spoke.

"okay, i'm gonna go unlock it, go," she ushered him, soon opening her front door and stepping back in.

"who was that?" daejung asked, an apple in his hand as he leaned on the wall.

"i tutor him, he had a question about a project." deji lied, daejung able to tell.

"he had a question, so he drove all the way here? does he have a phone?" daejung laughed, hearing a thump upstairs, near deji's room. 

"did you answer the question? or are you gonna answer it for him when you go up to your room?" daejung was already a step ahead of deji, without even hearing the conversation outside.