Ch 3: Halt Satyr! And Table

Start from the beginning

[We both know I'm not. But please listen. Explain the situation for the gods. Only they can help.]

"Okay. Good game plan, cupcake." Hedge said dejectedly. They could see the Empire State Building. "I just don't understand why and what would make him want to-." Hedge's voice broke at that.

.. / -.-. .- -. .----. - / ... .- -.-- / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / .. .----. -- / ... .-- --- .-. -. / -... -.-- / - .... . / ... - -.-- -..- / -... -.-- / .-.. . --- / .... .. -- ... . .-.. ..-. , / -... ..- - / .... . / .... .- ... / ..-. .- -.-. . -.. / .- / .-.. --- - .-.-.-

[I can't say because I'm sworn by the Styx by Leo himself, but he has faced a lot.]

Hedge pondered this. What could have he gone through that was worse than what anyone he knew had gone through? Even Nico? He shook his head. They were basically at the building.

"Just fly up to it. It's risky, but we can't waste time taking the elevators." And Buford did just that.

Gods and Goddesses stared and gaped at the satyr being kidnapped by a flying table, too shocked to respond. Hedge stared back. The last time he was there the place was in shambles. But Annabeth really had improved the place. Platinum cobblestones made paths through the golden land. Golden palaces and stands lay scattered yet orderly throughout the squares. Families of gods and other creatures Hedge had never seen milled around. Beautiful gardens and lush green parks dotted the landscape. It was paradise. Soon they arrived at the Palace of the Olympians. It was definitely the biggest and grandest palace there was. Big, tall pillars supported a heavy yet intricately carved roof. They flew inside, zipping through the halls until they arrived at massive Golden doors, with carved images of each of the gods, including Hades and Hestia.

It was also noted that a poor carving of a cow was made near Hera. And that Athena seemed to have more glamor than the other gods.

Hedge and Buford burst through the doors to be met with the Twelve gods, plus Hades and Hestia. Athena and Ares were arguing about something, both Hephaestus AND Aphrodite defending Ares for once, with Hera, and Demeter on Athena's side, Apollo and Hermes were chatting about something else. Dionysus was looking at a wine magazine, Zeus was massaging his head, Artemis along with surprisingly the Hunters were talking with Hades and Hestia by the hearth, though clearly annoyed about the fight. All noise stopped and when the doors burst open, and all heads turned along with their weapons to the newcomers, primed and ready to obliterate the intruders.

"Wait!" Hedge yelled. "Don't shoot the satyr!" Buford clattered angrily at that. "And the table."

"That's Buford. That's my son's table." Hephaestus said, lowering his weird contraption of death that looked like a saw firing minigun.

"Of course you know that table." Hera muttered.

"State your business, satyr. And um, Buford." Zeus said, a little confused. Buford clattered in appreciation.

"It's your son, Lord Hephaestus. We bring terrible news of Leo, and because of an oath on the Styx, no camper can save him."