Chapter 1

~Sirena POV~

" No matter how many times you ask, the answer will always be no!" my mother screamed.

This was the 234th time I asked her the question, Can I be a hunter?

I mean I get why she hates the idea of me being a hunter.

I'm a human, so being a hunter is basically suicide.

" Please, I'm okay with you being a healer but not a hunter! I can't bear to go through the same thing I had to with your father," my mother begs.

 My father died on his last mission as a hunter.

My mother had begged him to become a healer  instead hunter saying that he would die, guess she was right.

It has been ten years since then and now I'm 25.

Even though I am human... well somewhat human, I still  want to carry out my father's dream, to be the number 1 hunter in the world. 

I looked down at my wrist to see the last thing I had of my father, a bracelet, which he gave me on my fifth birthday telling me never to take it off.

I have never taken it off in all my twenty years except once which I deeply regret.

That one time took away someone precious and no it's not my father but someone else who was precious to me.

Today at 11pm is the last day to sign up as a hunter before I have to wait another year.

If mom won't allow me, I would just have to sneak out tonight.

My mother and I argued for a little while longer before I stormed out to work.

I was working as a waiter in a small western shop at the east side of the district for about two years now.

Though the income may be small but it was enough for me to at least pay my mother rent.

After all she has done for me, paying her rent is the least I could do.

~ 10.30pm~

It was pitch black when I arrived.

I had just arrived home from work to change into a more suitable outfit, and as expected my mother is asleep.

I don't dare to risk waking her up by switching on the lights.

I made some sounds here and then but it thankfully didn't wake her up.

Before I could walk up the door, the lights suddenly turned on.

My mother was standing outside the door with a look like she knew I would sneak out.

Shit! I am so done. Guess I have to wait another year...

My mother then suddenly smirked at me and before I knew it I was smiling uncontrollably.

She mouthed the word go.

I dashed out the door a door and within a matter of five minute I got cab and head down to the Hunter HQ.

I got off my cab and realized it was 10.59pm I only had a minute.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

Thankfully before the desk lady left I already there.

Sweat drenched my face.

The lady looked at me surprised before sitting back down.

"Are you here to sign up as a hunter? If so state your name and age and species." She said.