17 | Damn the Paparazzi

She was confused and hurt, the way I treated her all week has been unfair and now I won't even touch her. I can imagine all kinds of things are running through her mind.

I took a deep breath to prepare myself for what I was about to tell her.

"Halle, I-"

"Are you breaking up with me?" She interrupted.

I laughed involuntarily. "What? No?"

"You've been dodging me since you got back. And look at you now, you won't even come near me or touch me. If the distance made you fall out of love with me, just say it. But please don't string me along for nothing and break my heart Al."

My breath caught in my lungs. She is crazy if she thinks I'd ever break up with her. This is really how I made her feel all this time?

"Halle, trust me. I have no desire to break up with you."

"Then stop being like this!" She pleaded. "I thought we were on the same page after Bali. I know the distance has been rough and we've both been working so much but I really want to make this work Al. I finally stopped pushing you away and completely opened myself up to you and now you're pushing me away. If there's something I'm doing wrong, just let me know but please don't shut me out."

"Okay, woah woah- calm down. If you knew how much I really loved you, you wouldn't be saying any of this. I promise how I've been acting has nothing to do with anything you've done to me."

"So, you really don't want to break up?"

"Nope."

"And you're not over the relationship because we've been apart."

"Nope."

"And you love me just the same?"

"Absolutely." I confirmed.

She let out a sigh of relief. "Then whatever it is, please just save it for later. I've had the worst day and I really just need some loving from you."

"But it's really important, Halle, I-"

"Please," she cut me off short. "I've had writer's block this whole week we haven't really talked. I was rejected for a role that I tried out for that I really wanted, and my label won't approve one of my favorite songs that I wanted to include on the album. I just really need you to be here for me Al to get my mind off of things. If you don't have good news for me, let's just save it for another time."

I obliged. "Okay."

"Come here," she pouted like a baby with her arms reaching out to me, physically begging for my comfort.

I came out of the office chair and joined her on the bean bag.

We snuggled up in each other's arm and all of the anxiety I felt earlier melted away.

"Your birthday is next week," She tells me.

I completely forgot. I was so busy trying to get settled after the tour and stressing about the night with Doechii that I forgot my own birthday was coming up.

"I can't believe you remembered."

"Of course I did, and I have a few surprises for you."

"Oh yeah?"

"Mhm. I'm going to be gone next week for a promotional tour so I got you your gifts early. I hope you don't mind?"

"Baby, you didn't have to get me anything. I promise just having you is more then enough of a gift- especially when I don't even deserve you."