8 | A Surreptitious Kiss

I stood backstage in outfit with the rest of the dancers and Halle. My heart was beating out of my chest from nervousness and excitement.

Me and all of the girls wrapped our arms around each other as Halle lead us in prayer.

We hugged as a group after we finished and stood around in anticipation.

Halle looked absolutely stunning her in costume. She was wearing a white dress that flowed delicately around her, like the wings of an angel.

Every detail in the fabric was meticulously crafted by the costume designers to emphasize the ethereal nature of her presence.

The bodice of the dress hugged her body just right and the intricate lacework complimented her strong shoulders and trailed down the sleeves, appearing like delicate feathers.

Me and the dancers had on a lesser version of her outfit so that she would stand out- as she was supposed to.

I squeezed Halle's hand. I knew this was a culmination of all of our hard work.

These past couple of weeks choreographing and rehearsing with her had prepared us for this moment.

Taraji P. Henson's voiced echoed through the theater as she introduced Halle for the performance. We rushed on the stage with all of the lights off to be ready in our places as she was announcing.

Taraji signaled the start of Halle's performance and the light flashed on us as the crowd erupted into applause.

I felt swept up in the electricity vibrating through the air. Halle was about to put on the performance of a lifetime and I was just grateful to be apart of it.

The live harp and piano came on and Halle's angelic voice filled the theater as me and the dancers began the routine.

Our bodies moves as one and the energy of the moment and the audience fueled us as we poured our hearts and souls into every move.

There were so many famous artists, standing and entranced by the performance. Many of them were dancing and singing along to Halle, clearly captivated.

Time seemed to stand still as we danced our hearts out on that stage. The chemistry was flawless and our movement flowed seamlessly.

As Halle hit her final big note, I felt chills run through my body as I performed the last jump. I hit the last move and the theater erupted into thunderous applause and cheers.

"Thank you BET!" Halle said gratefully into the mic as we all cleared off of the stage.

-

As soon as we reached the back stage area, Halle jumped into my arms. 

"Girl that was amazing!" I told her panting.

She was shaking as we held each other in the tightest embrace. 

"That was such a rush! It went perfectly, I can't believe it." Halle muffled into my shoulder.

The rest of the dancers hovered around us as they joined in and we all embraced into a big group hug.

After a few minutes of everyone locked in the hug, we heard a loud and joyful scream come from the backstage area.

Halle poked her head out of the group hug to see her sister, Chloe, screaming out in joy and running in to congratulate and celebrate Halle.

"Sis you were freaking amazing! I'm so proud of you!" Chloe exclaimed as she squeezed the literal life out of Halle.

Halle's teeth are shining like diamonds through her lips and she gives her sister the brightest smile. I can tell she feels so proud of herself and having her sister here enjoying this moment with her made her night even better.