Issue 39: Team-Up

Start from the beginning

"So, the Golden Goblin returns!!!" Scorn roared before she shot out a barrage of tendrils, which Hunter started flying away from. Scorn then hopped out of the gap, shooting a web and swinging upwards to suddenly tackle him midair.

Scorn roared and suddenly tried to bite at Hunter's head, but Hunter grabbed another one of his flashbangs and shoved it into Scorn's mouth, kicking her off him in the process.

The flashbang went off, causing Scorn to scream in pain as she fell through the air, only for Hunter to ram her back through one of the many holes of the building.

Hunter then spun his sword around before flying over to Spider-Witch and quickly using it to cut her free.

Spider-Witch landed and she hugged Hunter tightly. "It's you!!! It's really you!!! You're back!!!"

"Y-you're Spider-Witch?! You've been Spider-Witch this whole time?!" Hunter exclaimed, a bit too surprised to hug his best friend back.

But then, Scorn's roars quickly echoed and the two looked at each other.

"Explanations later?" Spider-Witch asked.

"Ditto." Hunter nodded, raising his sword. "But what the heck is that thing?"

"It's a demon named Grom. It's possessing Boscha and it's weak to sound!" Spider-Witch quickly explained as their foe started walking over.

Hunter laughed. "It's possessing Boscha? Ohhh, I've been waiting for this!"

"Waiting for what?"

"Waiting for a chance to punch this snobby jock in the face!" Hunter cried as his jetpack shot him over to Scorn, uppercutting her.

Spider-Witch shot two web-lines and slingshotted herself over, kicking Scorn in the face with both her feet.

Scorn stumbled backwards, only to get punched at the same time by both Hunter and Spider-Witch.

Spider-Witch then grabbed onto the ceiling above her and kicked Scorn down onto the ground.

Hunter then threw two more flashbangs, grabbing Spider-Witch and ducking behind an unfinished wall as they went off and Scorn's roars followed soon after.

"Hey!" Spider-Witch laughed. "We make a pretty good team!"

"We always do, sis!" Hunter grinned, fist-bumping Spider-Witch. "Okay. What's our next move?"

"Just keep doing what we're doing." Spider-Witch said. "When I was wearing that suit, the sound made it weaker and weaker. We just have to keep bombarding them with loud noise so one of us can yank Boscha right out!"

Hunter nodded before a plan quickly formed in his head. He then reached into his bag and handed Spider-Witch some rather shiny ear-pieces.

"Keep her busy! I'll plant these things all around! And those things will help with the sound! Y'know, so you don't go deaf!" He said before he hopped into the air and flew off.

Spider-Witch quickly inserted them into her ears and then faced Scorn again. She then shot out a blast of ice, freezing some of the tentacles that were shooting out from Scorn.

She then ran over, her fists lighting ablaze as she began punching Scorn like she was a professional boxer, not even giving the villain a chance to throw a punch back.

But then, Scorn suddenly caught both of her fists and headbutted her before spinning around and shooting out tendrils from her chest, which turned into spikes milliseconds later. Spider-Witch just barely got out of the way and began shooting webs at her.