Issue 21: Warhammer

A pair of blue eyes watched the TV with his fingers tapping the armrest of his seat almost impatiently.

"And after the increasing amount of evidence delivered by Officer Darius Blight and our city's legitimate superhero, Adrian Gray AKA Maestro has been incarcerated. It's shocking as to what a few mind tricks can do to or for a person. But, it seems the only heroes at the moment are our city's finest and Spider-Witch herself, who I highly doubt we'll be seeing an interview with."

The man didn't chuckle or really even flinch, he just kept staring at the image of Spider-Witch on the screen.

"Someone who could possibly be getting an interview is Caleb Wittebane, whom reporters have been trying to get a hold of ever since the Golden Goblin's reveal. And now, with evidence showing that Adrian Gray was indeed a former Wittebane Enterprises employee, people only have more questions than answers. But Mr. Wittebane doesn't seem interested-"

The man stood from his chair, shutting the TV off as his tendrils slowly snuck out from his back and began grabbing a few things from all across the room. "First The Golden Goblin failed and so did this roleplayer. The witch is persistent...no matter..."

But then, the man raised his head at the sound of a loud ruckus. His tendrils then handed him a remote of some kind before retreating into his back.

The man then began walking, listening to the sound of crashing and screaming grow louder and louder. Eventually though, he reached some kind of cell.

It was a white room with a strange forcefield keeping its one prisoner inside. That prisoner was a hulking man taller than any average person, and he was covered head to toe in bronze armor and with a helmet that covered every part of his face except his mouth, which showed his dark skin and gray beard. The last thing that no one could miss was how one of the man's hands was a hammer.

"Mason." The man said. "How are you feeling today?"

'Mason' just screamed at the man as he smashed his hammer against the forcefield. "WHEN AM I GETTING OUT OF THIS SUIT!?! YOU PROMISED ME I WOULD BE GETTING OUT!!!"

The man sighed. "Mason, the suit's nerve functions are messing with you again. Please try to calm down-"

"CALM DOWN!?!?" Mason boomed as he smashed the table he had in his cell, which also had a meal tray that met the same fate. "HOW CAN I CALM DOWN WHEN I'M STUCK LIKE THIS!?!?"

Mason then kept smashing around his cell with nothing but pure rage. But instead of being startled or even a little alarmed, the man just watched him as if he was just a child throwing a tantrum.

After a while though, Mason sat down and began to pant. "...you said you were going to get me out of this cursed battle suit...I-I can't take this anymore..."

"I'm sorry that Caleb Wittebane is the reason you're even in that suit." The man said, crossing his arms. "I assure you, I am doing the best that I can to free you. A man shouldn't have to live the rest of his life literally being fueled by adrenaline and anger."

"...right...of course...just...just do what needs to be done..." Mason said, hanging his head low.

The man then hummed. "However...perhaps you can do something else besides waiting for me to free you."

Mason raised his head. "You said I wasn't supposed to leave this cell..."

"Out of worry that you would destroy my lab, yes, but...there is someone that I need. Before you smashed your television, you saw reports of this...Spider-Witch, yes?"

"I could care less right now...what about her?"

"She is dangerous." The man said. "She's deceived the people with a magic I am all too familiar with..."