22. mr. loverman

THE BOAT had three silent people in it

THE BOAT had three silent people in it. One looked away, another one laid on the bottom, and the last one was weirded out. The prisoner -a dwarf- had his limbs tied, and a cloth around his mouth to prevent him from talking. The one that felt uncomfortable spoke, "He won't stop staring."

"So don't look." The other said, finally looking at him.

Feeling the dwarf's eyes on him, he glanced back. He tried to look somewhere else, but he couldn't help but look at the creature they had captured it. Finally having enough, he said, "Here's far enough." They stood up, holding the dwarf. Just then, an arrow landed on the side of the small boat.

Susan stood there, holding her bow while her brothers held out their swords, "Drop him!" She ordered.

"Crows and crockery!" The dwarf exclaimed, his words muffled. They indeed dropped him, into the water to be exact. While her brothers went for the dwarf, she landed another arrow, this time hitting one of them. The other one threw himself into the water, swimming away before he could be harmed.

Peter and Edmund dragged the dwarf to the shore, where Lucy cut the robes around his hands. He pulled down what covered his mouth, turning to his left to spit out water. The Pevensies stood around him while he straightened up. "'Drop him'!" He said angrily, confusing Susan, "That's the best you can come up with?"

"A simple 'thank you' would suffice." She replied.

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help." He remarked.

"Maybe we should have let them." Peter then said.

"Why were they trying to kill you, anyway?" Lucy wondered.

He looked away from her, "They're Telmarines. That's what they do."

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Ed asked, very confused. He remembered their days of reign. Pandora absolutely hated the Telmarines, but only because they hated Narnia without reason. They had tried to get along with the rulers of their time, but it was all curtesy and nothing friendly.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" The dwarf said.

"It's a bit of a long story." Lucy chuckled slightly. He raised his head, taking notice of Peter's sword. And then, he took a good look at the four of them.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." He glanced about, "You're it? You're the kings and queens of old?"

Peter nodded slightly, "High King Peter, the Magnificent." He held out his hand for him to shake, but he only stared at it unsure.

"You probably could've left off the last bit." Susan joked, making them all laugh.

"Probably." The dwarf laughed.

Peter stepped back, "You might be surprised." He said while grabbing his sword.

"Oh, you don't want to do that, boy."