20. waiting room

PANDORA was living in between blood

PANDORA was living in between blood. She battled death often and won each time. Her children were now accustomed to see her covered in dirt and blood, embracing her anyway. The war had been happening for over a year now, it wasn't unfamiliar to anyone at all. The Telmarines were furious, but they fought against two dragons. There was another, hidden under pretty dresses and kind smiles. However, she had started to dress darker, and to smile less. A reflect of her own mother. They walked side by side, Regulus stretching his wigs to the sky. Pandora looked at her daughter with pride, "Are you ready?" The camp was still asleep, only them awake.

Lucy nodded, "You went to your first battle at a much younger age. Besides, I have a dragon. I'm ready."

"I'm proud of you, Little Dragon." Pandora kissed her temple before turning into a red dragon. Lucy looked at the two dragons, which rubbed their heads together. Lucy didn't have the connection her mother did with Regulus, but he loved her as a daughter anyway. After their greeting was over, Lucy climbed on his back, holding on tightly.

"For Narnia."

The two dragons fled next to each other, another large army before them. One of the Telmarines looked up at the sky, deeply confused, "No army?"

Another one turned to him, baffled, "Aren't two dragons enough?"

"Yield or die!" The young dragon shouted. The Telmarines shared a glance before yelling out for their country. The red dragon open its mouth, flames coming out and burning those at the front. Lucy took a deep breath, leaning forward, "Go on, Reg. Burn them all." And so mother and daughter became the same, a mirror of each other. Songs would tell the tale of the three dragons that paused the war for 33 days. Black, red and white became the colours of luck for the folk. The colours of the dragons.

Those 33 days ended with the Great War. Lucy bid goodbye to her brother, who wore an armour Lycaon had made for him. Pandora walked up to them, her eyes widening at the sight of his armour. Looking at his face, he resembled someone she used to know. "Be careful. And remember that I love you."

"I love you." Her children replied at the same time, the three of them holding the other's hand.

Remus patted his son's shoulder, "Ready?" He and Lucy nodded, the latter parting to the sky. She turned into a beautiful white dragon, with a hint of blue that matched her eyes. Pandora kissed her son's temple before walking away. Remus stood before Baelon, both looking at each other unsure. "Before we part, I want you to know something." He sighed, giving the confused boy a golden necklace, "I love you, son."

Baelon held onto the necklace, sniffing slightly, "I love you, father." They shared a quick hug before Baelon turned into a wolf. He ran towards the pack, that were happy to have him.

Sol approached the Queen, "After you, Your Highness."

Pandora smiled, "For Narnia."

Sol nodded, "Always." Baelon ran up to them, bumping Sol's head. "Let's go, let's go." She laughed as they parted from the Queen. The young wolf giving his mother one last glance. The Queen mounted her horse, like she used to do a long time ago. Two dragons fled above her.