Brotherly Advice

Bajie and Wujing glanced at each other as they watched Wukong staring at the new monkey with a dopey smile. "This is painful to watch." The pig murmured, nodding towards the king. 

"I think it's kinda sweet." Wujing argued, smiling at their littlest brother. "I didn't know the Great Sage could be so shy." 

"We have to help him with this." Bajie decided as the king sighed at Liu'er petting the dragon horse with a coo. "Or I will be sick from all the cuteness." 

Wujing frowned, turning to fully face his younger brother. "You experiences with romance have ended as total failures and I have none." 

Bajie gestured to the ginger monkey hiding behind his sister as Liu'er looked over at them. "We're better than that! We have to give him some advice."

"I think it would be a good bonding experience." Their Master said from right behind them. The two former celestials turned around with guilty expressions. "It is obvious that Monkey hasn't had any family before us. Some older brothers helping him make a friend would probably make him very happy." The wise monk murmured, hiding a smile behind his hand. 

"You are such a Dad." Bajie chuckled, shaking his head. He grabbed the water demon's arm and started pulling him towards Wukong. "You heard Master. We have permission now." 

"Oh goodie." Wujing deadpanned, letting the younger demon drag him away. "This is exactly the kind of brotherly bonding I wanted to do." 

"Shut it. Monkey! Come here." Bajie called, stomping up to the small sage with a smirk. "Wujing and I need to talk to you. Come on." Without any further explanation, the pig picked up the monkey and started talking away from camp. 

Lin just laughed as Wukong protested at being manhandled. "Put me down! What nonsense are you on about!" The king swung his legs in protest, cheeks burning as Liu'er's soft giggles joined Lin's and Master's. 

Once out of sight of the others Wukong went limp, crossing his arms with a grumble. "Did you really have to pick me up like that? I could have just walked!" 

Bajie shrugged, unrepentant. "This was more entertaining." He set the king down and placed his hands on Wukong's shoulders. "We are going to give you a big brother talk about how to woo this Liu'er Mihou." 

Wukong's jaw dropped and he glanced from the serious Bajie to the exasperated Wujing. "Wh-what? You're kidding. Right?" 

"Well, it is kind of painful watching the two of you shyly dance around each other." Wujing sheepishly admitted. "It is very clear that you wish to befriend him at the very least." 

"He totally makes your heart race, doesn't he?" Bajie added, smirking knowingly. 

"Shut your face!" Wukong screeched, scrambling up to cover Bajie's mouth. "What's wrong with you! You can't just say something like that!"

Wujing lifted the irate sage of of Bajie, placing him back on the ground. "We aren't making fun of you or anything. It's okay if you do. If not, that's okay too." The water demon glared at the pig, warning him to keep his mouth shut. "But either way, if you want to be closer with him, we want to help you." 

"Help me?" Wukong replied, surprise obvious in his voice. "You want to help me get closer to him? Why?"

"You're our little brother." Bajie told him, not unkindly. "It's our job to help you with the person you like." 

Staring at them with a slack jaw, Wukong felt his cheeks darken. "Oh." His eyes dropped to the ground, fiddling with his shirt. "That's what older brothers do?" 

 "Sometimes." Wujing softly told the small monkey. "They help their little brothers."

"And tease them." Bajie added, snickering at the annoyed look on Wukong's face. "Want our advice about Liu'er or not?"

The ginger monkey stared at the two for a long moment. "Fine." Bajie cheered while Wujing just smiled kindly at the king. 

Back at camp, Lin glanced at the blushing Liu'er. "What do you think all of that was about?" 

"No clue." Was his soft squeak as Liu'er fought the urge to cover his face while Ao Lie just snickered at him. "Just brothers being brothers I guess." Tripitaka just smiled, watching his makeshift family grow closer.