Part 4

"You really don't have to come. You're not the mascot anymore. No one's forcing you to sit at football games anymore." Minho chuckled, shaking his head slightly with closed eyes. Jisung insisted on being at every one of his games, even though Minho knew he hated football- the younger said as much the first time they spoke.

"I'm your mascot, though." Jisung looked up at him with what could only be described as puppy dog eyes. He pouted by pushing his bottom lip forward and stared up at Minho from where he hung on the older's arm.

"Sappy." Minho mumbled while poorly biting back a smile.

"You like it."

"I do."

Each game was not only more bearable than the last, but was genuinely more enjoyable. He could look over at any point- when he was stressed, frustrated, ecstatic- and Jisung was there was calm or support him with his presence alone. A fumble from his team? He could focus on Jisung's sympathetic smile. A failed blitz? Jisung's eyes could calm him down.

He never took the time to wonder what it would be like to have people cheering for him, before. His parents didn't come to his games due to being so far away, and he didn't have friends to watch him. He wouldn't have burdened them by asking, anyway. He never had to ask Jisung, though. And he didn't have to wonder, either way. He had his person.

When the game ended and the board lit up to show their victory ending the season, crowds were cheering. Cheerleaders, family, and friends ran up to the players after their endgame regards to the other team. Minho only looked around for a mere second before he was tackled into nearly falling backwards, Jisung throwing his arms around him and congratulating him, something he hadn't done before. He looked up at Minho with bright eyes and a soft smile making his cheeks more pronounced.

"Shit."

Jisung pulled back and looked down, his eyes wide and lips pursed- a drastic change from a single second prior. Minho tilted his head to the side and rapidly blinked as he tried to search Jisung's face or something, anything, to tell him what Jisung wasn't.

"What's... wrong?"

Minho didn't know where the change came from, but worry began to build up faster than he knew how to manage. He took a step back in case Jisung needed space, until he could answer the question.

"I forgot... you're... I'm sorry, Minho." Jisung closed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking up with a small, apologetic smile on his face. "Not everyone knows your... personal business. And we have no idea who's watching. I should've been less careless, I was just excited. That's not an excuse." He ended by shaking his head with raised eyebrows and looking down again, clearly disappointed with himself.

"Are you worried because I'm not... out, yet?" Minho's question was met with a nod in response.

Everything around them, the entire world, seemed to fall silent. Minho blinked once before letting a light chuckle through his nose. He took a step back towards Jisung, closing the gap he'd helped create. "I think you underestimate how much I like you."

The younger looked up, his silver bangs bouncing against the top of his glasses. "Rude." He answered quietly but light- playful. "I don't underestimate or undervalue your feelings. But you struggled with... your parents and everything, and I want to be respectful. But I wasn't, I didn't ask first."

"Mm." Minho hummed out loud, taking the last step until their bodies could feel the warmth from the other's close proximity. "Asking is important." He nodded, lifting Jisung's chin up with a finger. "Can I kiss you? Here, in front of everyone?"