My lungs stopped functioning at that moment. I could do nothing but watch the SSS member point his weapon at my beloved. Flashes of my past returned to haunt me, rewatching another person I love die before me and I can do nothing about it. I will not allow this...not again.

   "You can shoot me all you want but leave her alone!" I growled, trying to squirm out of the rope. I cannot just sit and do nothing!

   There was a bit of a ticklish sensation on my hand. I assumed it must have been a bug or rodent. Yet, it was neither...well, sort of not a rodent.

   Two tiny Polymouse's held up my bracelet. I did not think twice, letting them help me slide the jewelry onto my wrist. The two went to take care of the rope.

   "Do not worry. You will get your turn. I will be doing the world a favor by getting rid of two more of you beasts," the SSS member said with a deviant smile.

   Alya glared at the man straight in the eye, no sign of cowardice showing even as the gun's barrel was placed on her forehead. This irked the SSS man but did not discourage him from his victory.

   "Rot in he—AKG!"

   The SSS member swatted his back before lifting his shirt to see what had caused him pain. Three more Polymouse's came scurrying right past him with the fox miraculous.

  "Wayzz, shell on!" I said before immediately yelling out, "Shelter."

   The SSS member tried to quickly aim and was fired. My shield formed faster than he managed to pull the trigger. It bought us enough time for the multiple Polymouses to free Alya and me from our binds.

Alya was handed over her miraculous and put it on. Trixx materialized in a flash of orange light.

"Trixx, let's pounce!" Alya said, transforming into her alter ego. Polymouse returned to her singular, normal size.

"I do not have much longer," Polymouse warned us.

"Do not worry. This will not take too long," Rena assured. She radiated confidence, one of the many reasons I fell in love with this woman. I felt an adoring smile crease on my lips, ready to follow Alya to the ends of the earth.

"Honey, do you mind lowering your shield?" Rena asked.

"With pleasure, my dear," I replied, doing just as she requested. The moment my shield was gone, Rena launched herself at the SSS member and disarmed him before he could fire.

   Rena moved out of the way just in time for me to knock out the guy with a punch straight to the face. The SSS member lay unconscious on the floor, not yet aware of the broken nose that I gave him.

   "Nicely done," Rena complimented. She drew herself closer and placed a kiss on my cheek.

   I hummed, thoughtfully, "I think you did much better."

   "As adorable as this is, I am about to change back. If you would excuse me," Polymouse politely requested for us to get out of the way. I heard her warning beeps from where I stood.

   "Oh yes, our bad," Rena said, dragging me along out of Polymouse's path. Just as Polymouse was about to leave, the door was ripped open. The three of us froze when we saw two SSS members standing there baffled.

   Polymouse quickly grabbed her rope and lassoed the two. She yanked them into the room and shut the door. Rena Rouge played her flute, calling upon her mirage.

   Before the two men could call for help, Polymouse and I used the fake apples Rena made to silence the two tied up.

   "That was too close," I sighed in relief, "but this will not last for long. Someone will be looking for them soon once they do not return."