ᴛᴏᴜᴛ ᴠᴀ ʙɪᴇɴ

Working as a night guard was not as terrible as you expected, it mainly included repetitive tasks and traveling around the Pizzaplex. Freddy accompanied you almost all of the time and you would both talk, slowly growing closer with each night. He was slowly carving down the thick walls that you had kept around your stone-cold heart. It was odd to feel like you were ready to open up to others again. It turned out he managed to actually prove to be a sentient animatronic that likely understood your emotions better than you. Him and Claire were slowly becoming the only people you wanted to trust.

That was stupid wasn't it? Even pondering on the thought of making friends with an animatronic. It was pathetic and began to shine light on just how lonely and closed off you really were.

You also had learned your lesson after the slightly traumatizing day at the Daycare. The next time you ventured near the Daycare to knock on the door and wait for Natalie or one of the Daycare attendants to answer it. You created a solemn oath to yourself that your eyes would not ever figure out what would've happened if that had continued on for longer.

As you walked into the Pizzaplex, Claire instantly turned her head towards you, she waved you over. Beside her stood the other night guard, Vanessa, you offered her a smile and dipped your head. She returned the smile and there was a glint of happiness in her eyes.

"What's up?" You asked, it was usually rare to see Claire talking to someone else when you arrived.

"The ceiling." They both hummed with amusement. You rolled your eyes in annoyance, Claire broke out into a laughing fit at your reaction. Vanessa just turned to you, deciding to fill you in on everything herself.

"There were reports of Chica having a malfunction today. The mechanics figured it to be an easy fix and they are covering it up. Apparently, they are having a good run and don't want it to be at risk with this malfunction." She explained.

Your brows furrowed with confusion. They wanted to cover up a simple malfunction because of the risk that could be put on their reputation? That didn't-

Well.

Yeah, that was actually pretty reasonable. Considering the many negative stories and rumors of the past pizzerias, it would seem like insanity to not be concerned about that.

"Now what? Are they just going to keep a closer eye on Chica?" Vanessa shrugged. "I doubt it. It was a simple malfunction, they happen every once an a while, nothing new." Claire, who had finished her laughing fit, nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to head out, you guys stay safe." She hummed and gave me a hug before walking out of the Pizzaplex. You glanced at Vanessa. "Does she not realize that we have guns?" Vanessa let out a soft giggle at your comment before turning to walk away.

"Maybe not."

With all of that out the way, you turned and headed down on your usual route. The walk was rather silent until you passed by Rockstar Row. Your gaze turned and looked to see Chica, this time not rocking out on the guitar. She was sitting in front of her vanity mirror and blankly staring at herself. As you passed by, she saw the reflection of you in the mirror and instantly turned around. She smiled at you and waved happily. You returned the wave and then continued down the hallway.

After you reached your second task, you watched as the screen checked it off and then gave you the next task. A small red alert popped up on your screen, which was rather odd.

"What the?-"

"Good evening, [Name]!"

"HOLY FUCKING-"

You jump around to see Freddy standing there, smiling at you as if he hadn't just scared the shit out of you. You narrowed your eyes at him. This was the fourth time in a row he had scared you. At this point, you were just going to let it happen and let him panic and freak out when you end up with a heart attack from his scaring.