ʟᴏɴɢᴜᴇꜱ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴏɪʀꜱ

You held the mouse over the cage and was about to release it into Kringe's enclosure when a loud buzzing drove your attention away. Your head instantly turns down towards your phone, your eyes widening at the caller ID, it was your boss. As you go to grab your phone, a sharp pain in your fingers brings you back to Kringe.

Kringe was successfully latched onto the mouse, but she was also chowing down on your fingers too. Almost instantly, you pull Kringe off of you and answer the phone before it can go to voicemail.

"Hello, is this [Name]?"

"No, this is-..." You stopped yourself and realized who you were talking to before clearing your throat and restarting.

"This is them."

"Great! [Name] I have a job offer for you. I wanted to give you the chance at working as a night guard. You would have better pay, just a bit more sunlight in your life," she joked lightly before continuing, "and be better known throughout the Pizzaplex staff." You were not entirely sure how the last one was a benefit.

"Oh, uhm." You glanced over at Kringe who was ravenously constricting around the mouse and swallowing it whole. "Sure, why not? When would I start?"

"Tonight at 10pm. See you then!"

You paused and furrowed your brows with confusion as you instantly heard the familiar beep of the call ending. Glancing over at the time, you saw it was about 6pm. Why would she call so late? It didn't exactly matter, you needed to be quick and feed Salem then get ready before you would need to go to the Pizzaplex.

Feed Salem, feed yourself, take a shower, get ready, get a coffee along the way to the Pizzaplex and make it there on time. Those were the exact events that led you up to standing in front of the Pizzaplex with an empty parking lot surrounding you.

"What's the worst that could happen?" You attempted to reassure yourself as you walked into the double doors that had the gang member's faces pasted onto the glass. It felt strange to be here and not listen to the screaming of children or ear-piercing loud music that was bound to cause a headache eventually.

As you stepped around the front desk aimlessly, you were suddenly tackled from behind. After already being on edge, you instantly grabbed the person who grabbed you from behind and threw them over you onto the floor in front of you. Your eyes changed from a defensive glare to an unamused look.

Claire.

She had gasped in pain and shock from the sudden body slam. You huffed and leaned back on your foot, crossing your arms and you gave her a disapproving look.

"Didn't I tell you to stop doing that?"

"Yeah, well I didn't expect you to throw me onto the ground like a bag of flour." She grumbled, rubbing her back to soothe the pain as she got up.

"Well, you have learned then?"

"Nope."

You rolled your eyes, of course she didn't. It would've taken hanging her by one foot over a giant pit of piranhas before she finally understood. Claire recovered from her brief pain and handed me a uniform and a security belt holding a taser, a gun, a tablet, and a fazcam?

"Boss told me to give you that, get changed and then begin your tasks. They will appear on the tablet there and tell you where to go to complete them." Claire explained before pushing you off in the direction of the employees bathroom. "Don't let people break in, record suspicious behavior, complete your tasks, and don't get-" You placed you hand over her mouth to quiet her.

"If you finish that sentence, I'll throw you across the Pizzaplex." You hissed at her and then slowly removed your hand from her mouth. She shrugged and then waved.