ᴜɴᴇ ᴠᴏɪx ᴏʙꜱᴇᴅᴀɴᴛᴇ

Your ears were filled with the annoying blaring of your alarm. Your [e/c] eyes blinked open, you reached a hand over and roughly landed your hand on the snooze button. You rubbed your eyes and sat up, Salem lifting his head up in the process. He got up and stretched before easily jumping off the bed and walking out of the room.

The gray walls of your room greeted you kindly, it provided a soft alternative to white or black for your eyes. It also easily went with the décor placed all around your room. You placed your hands in your lap and kept them over one another as you sat there.

You took a little more time, making sure to take a little longer with your stretch before walking into the bathroom to get ready for the day. You met your own eyes in the mirror of the bathroom when you walked in. Your whole body froze as you stared at yourself. In the distance, you could've sworn you heard the laughing of a small little kid. Your breathing grew heavier as you focused more intently on the noise.

The noise only grew louder and louder, it almost hurt your ears. Just as you were about to place your hands firmly over your ears, it stopped. The silence greeted you ominously, the air conditioning of the bathroom blowing cold air in. Your eyes frantically darted around. It was almost peaceful.

Key word; almost.

You jumped back and your back hit against the wall firmly as loud and ear piercing wails filled your ears. It was the same kid who was just laughing seconds earlier. Pictures flashed in your head quickly, your eyes widened with fear as your breathing was unsteady and quick. Your lungs were not being filled with enough air, it got to the point where it hurt.

Seeing the images of red and blue lights, some sort of yellow tape. It was all you were able to catch until everything speeded by again. You yelled out in fear and fell into the corner of the bathroom as you clutched fistfuls of your hair tightly. The kid wailed again and it felt as if they were grieving again. Going through a pain they didn't want to experience.

Your nails were digging into the skin of your forearms, threatening to break skin and bleed. Thankfully, a weight pushed against your hand. Everything stopped, you blinked and then looked over to see Salem rubbing his head against your arm. The bathroom door, that was originally closed, was now open. Salem didn't even look up at you, he just took the opportunity to jump into your lap and push your hands away from your arms to prevent any injury. You breathed out a shaky sigh and hugged Salem.

He allowed it to happen, he kept still and just waited patiently. There had been a few times where this happened and Salem now just knew what to do when it did. You gently ran your hands through his fluffy fur as you calmed down.

"Thanks, Salem." You mumbled to your cat. He hummed out a purr and then pushed against you, alerting you that he was done with being held. You let him go and watched as he walked out of the bathroom. You pushed yourself off the floor and then closed the door. You turned around and rummaged through the cabinet until you had finally found what you were looking for. You removed the top of the bottle and took two pills from the small container. Swallowing it down with some water, you decided to actually get ready for work this time.

You looked at yourself in the mirror, blinking a few times before shutting the door to the bathroom. You picked up your work attire and changed into it. You couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened. It had been a while since that happened, and you forgot how shocking it was.

The house's darkness was comforting in a way. It felt like a fluffy blanket just wrapping around you, although it might just seem that way because of how desperately you wanted to be okay right now.

Maybe you weren't okay. It may just need to be something you have to accept.

As you pulled into the parking lot designated for the employees, you realized just how dull the drive here seemed. You could exactly explain why it was dull, it probably would've made your head hurt if you did.